SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Vox AC4 HW - NOW SORTED

saint_iveysaint_ivey Frets: 17
edited March 2017 in Amps £
Hi, Has anyone got a Vox AC4 handwired that they'd like to sell pls?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I bought one in the Richtone Xmas sale last Nov - it sounded real nice, but hummed like goodness knows what, like ferocious. 

I know I'm off topic, but I'd look elsewhere...
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7877
    My friend has the standard version, head and cab that he's thinking of selling.  Looks and sounds fab. 

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    Thank you Marlin sir,

I do indeed. Quite a different circuit if I recal but a nice amp none the less. And even with a speaker upgrade to go from the stock Vox to something Blue, you'd be hundreds of pounds in pocket. 

The thread is here....

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/86374/vox-ac4-head-and-cab-black-star-traded#latest
  • saint_iveysaint_ivey Frets: 17
    edited March 2017
    I bought one in the Richtone Xmas sale last Nov - it sounded real nice, but hummed like goodness knows what, like ferocious. 

I know I'm off topic, but I'd look elsewhere...
    Thanks @scovell001 it's good to have feedback.

I currently have a Vox AC30HW2X and it's awesome, no buzz/hum at all. I'm looking for it's baby bro for practice and small jam sessions. The AC30 is a beast.

Did you plug directly to the amp when it ws humming? Where you on 'hot' or 'cool' setting pls?

Thanks.

• dazzajl said:
    Thank you Marlin sir,

I do indeed. Quite a different circuit if I recal but a nice amp none the less. And even with a speaker upgrade to go from the stock Vox to something Blue, you'd be hundreds of pounds in pocket. 

The thread is here....

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/86374/vox-ac4-head-and-cab-black-star-traded#latest
    Thanks @dazzajl but it's the hand wired that I'm interested in.

• NeckwringerNeckwringer Frets: 357
    You could try an AC4-C1-12,put in a greenback and some jj's....works for me and not too expensive.
  • Thanks @Neckwringer ;
    I've always found the C1 line of amps to be a bit sterile and lacking dynamic response. Probably just me but I reckon only the hardwired and the old boys from the 60's - 70's produce a response that I can emotionally connect with. 
  • Got one for a great price on eBay. Thanks.