What's Hot
2»

Comments

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    viz said:
    TimmyO said:
    The Edge had to move to America to get one ,
    And he still hasn't found what he's looking for 
    In fairness to him it's not easy to navigate where the streets have no name. 
    Not you too!
    Nice of you to notice. 

Really..... it's the sweetest thing. 
    Oh boy....
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11616
    tFB Trader

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Obviously with cable snakes, structural durability and signal path need to be considered to fully eliminate....
    Rattle and Hum.
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Points awarded for The Electric Co reference :)

On a more serious note does anybody have any idea if there's a good reason why a power supply (eg kettle lead) should not be wrapped up in a "snake" with signal cables?

Avoiding this seems to be one of the big selling points of the Pedal Snake, but I've no clue why there might be a problem, given all the insulation going on.

But I freely admit I know jack about these things.  Snake good or snake oil?
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    clarkefan said:
    Points awarded for The Electric Co reference :)

On a more serious note does anybody have any idea if there's a good reason why a power supply (eg kettle lead) should not be wrapped up in a "snake" with signal cables?

Avoiding this seems to be one of the big selling points of the Pedal Snake, but I've no clue why there might be a problem, given all the insulation going on.

But I freely admit I know jack about these things.  Snake good or snake oil?
    The AC power cable will interfere with the audio signal in the instrument cables, as a rule of thumb you should always try to run power cables st right angles to signal cables, to minimise contact, at least we do when wiring up a house, I assume the same applies to guitar rigs too. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.