Atomic Amplifire and M Britt presets UPDATE

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400
    edited April 2017
    Celestion have a 33% off deal on the impulse responses at the moment, using code 33off, so a good time to pick up some more if you want to.

I picked up the G12M-65 Creamback 4x12 over the weekend. It's good.

But I can't help feeling that it could get very expensive endlessly chasing tone with different IRs. Need to avoid getting hooked!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • yep very easy to spend money on IR's, the Celestion G12M-65 4x12 is probably the best I've found though.
  • Agreed - that IR is brilliant!
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400
    Good to hear that you guys think it's good too.

I find that with this stuff it's so easy to be seduced by the next thing. New IR's or someone's fancy new presets etc. I'm trying my hardest to remain blissfully ignorant (after all, I did use a POD XT quite happily for nearly 10 years).
  • I tried the M Britt presets but I honestly preferred my own, I didn't like his IR at all, plus his presets were very mid pushed and compressed I found.
  • It is difficult i agree!!
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1156
    edited April 2017

So my Amplifire 12 has developed a fault with switch 1, it's failing intermittently, it takes several presses before it will activate.

Not a big problem as I can work round it for my gig this weekend, plus Andertons have said they will replace it for a new unit (I was in the 30 day exchange deadline).

I hope this is a one off and not typical of the build quality. Has anyone else experienced any problems like this?

• No issues with my AF3, good that Andertons will straight swap it though , can't fault that. Atomic are pretty good with dealing with any issues so I hear.
  • NelsonP said:
    Celestion have a 33% off deal on the impulse responses at the moment, using code 33off, so a good time to pick up some more if you want to.

I picked up the G12M-65 Creamback 4x12 over the weekend. It's good.

But I can't help feeling that it could get very expensive endlessly chasing tone with different IRs. Need to avoid getting hooked!

Do you know how long this offer is to last?
  • Regarding the original post, I have been happily noodling using the MBritt 69 Mars+ but have swapped the cab for the Celestion Creamback 65. The IR using the 57, 414 and room I think, high gain version too. Sounds bloody lovely!