Phillip Seymour Hoffman RIP

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    8 empty bags of heroin and a needle in his arm..........or choking on an olive........... hmmm let me think
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    edited February 2014
    Drew_fx said:
    Would it be any more socially acceptable for you if he had a cigarette in his mouth, or a box of chocolates in his ass?
    nothing to do with being socially acceptable, its about being a fucking great twat when you're fortunate enough have a wife and young kids
    So.... if he'd choked to death on an olive in his bath tub, would you be a little more sympathetic to him?

yes that would have been a tragic accident. This was sticking a needle in your arm to get fix when you've got a 3 young kids who depend on you. Selfish and avoidable.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Addiction is fucking complicated. As is suicide (has that been ruled out?)
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    holnrew said:
    Addiction is fucking complicated. As is suicide (has that been ruled out?)
    Exactly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067

Seems people are very quick to judge....

Addictions are horrible, horrible mental illnesses.   Poor sod must have been in a really bad place.

Sympathies to him and his family.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Tears mean nothing to you. You're dead inside and are sorely lacking in the humanity department.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quite the opposite

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

\:D/

Anyway.... to me, it's really bloody awful. As well as the ramifications for his family, the world just lost a great talent.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I don't think he or his family would want your priggish sympathies anyway.

He struggled with drugs - kicked the habit and started again after 23 years of being clean.

It sounds like he wanted to fight it as he booked into a clinic to help him.

That's no short measure of time or self-control, so what might happen that would cause someone to give up?
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Drew_fx said:
    You're dead inside and are sorely lacking in the humanity department.
    quite the opposite
    You're sore inside and humanely lacking in the dead department?
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Very sad loss of talent. 

I sympathise with anybody having addiction problems. It seems to me that the "pull yourself together" approach misunderstands the problem.

We are all sometimes stupid and take wrong turns. It's just that some people's wrong turn happens to be into drugs. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom