Digital / Internet Radio recommendations???

What's Hot

I'm looking for a portable, battery/mains DAB and Internet radio. Any models that you guys can recommend?

I've used a PURE Evoke Flow for a few years... but I don't think I'd buy another PURE. Not impressed with quality... both build-wise and software/operation (it's been very unreliable... and seems to have had a mind of its own - since just after the warranty expired).

Thanks.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• exocetexocet Frets: 1960
    I've got a Zettaly Avy - it's basically an android tablet with a pair of speakers bolted on. It's pure Internet radio only (obviously it does other Internet stuff as well).

Amazon were selling them for £99.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited March 2017
    I really like the Roberts stream93i -- I think it was ClareBear who first mentioned it (well, its predecessor) and I got one on the back of that. 
    Good choice as it happens.  Very happy with it as a radio, internet radio, Spotify radio, play music from my HD device.  Just kind of like a simple radio but with current tech.  Sounds fairly good too.  I mean it's a small box so I'm just realistic about what's possible.
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2105
    Another recommendation for the Roberts Stream 93i. For the price it's excellent.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4185
    Grunfeld said:
    I really like the Roberts stream93i -- I think it was ClareBear who first mentioned it (well, its predecessor) and I got one on the back of that. 
    Good choice as it happens.  Very happy with it as a radio, internet radio, Spotify radio, play music from my HD device.  Just kind of like a simple radio but with current tech.  Sounds fairly good too.  I mean it's a small box so I'm just realistic about what's possible.
    Yeah we've got the previous iteration of that one - monochrome LCD panel - and I'm constantly impressed by how good it sounds. Sound fills a medium-sized kitchen no bother. Looks smart too. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28431
    I have a Stream 93i too. It works very nicely.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24359
    I don't have a digital radi.......... home because of my exper................the one in the car.  The sou..........................cellent but it keeps dr.....................out all the bloody time with "no sig................................isplay.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28431
    The Stream works with your Wifi for interwebz radio and Spotify. Also it has DAB, but in case you're not in a DAB region it also also has FM.

I mostly use it for Spotify.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Thanks chaps... and I see there's an optional battery pack. All seems to fit the bill.
  • Thanks... took your  advice and got a Roberts Stream 93i.

Great bit of kit... much better than my old Pure Evoke Flow... in almost every way. Add on battery pack is a total afterthought... but still useful.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    Emp_Fab said:
    I don't have a digital radi.......... home because of my exper................the one in the car.  The sou..........................cellent but it keeps dr.....................out all the bloody time with "no sig................................isplay.
    Fail .... That doesn't happen when you're stationery, as in at home .......
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11314
    I just googled the 93i.

A hundred and forty quid for a radio?
  • randellarandella Frets: 4185
    scrumhalf said:
    I just googled the 93i.

A hundred and forty quid for a radio?
    Bit of an oversimplification, that - you could alternatively say:

£140 for access to pretty much every radio station in the world, in a smart-looking box that also sounds incredible. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6085
    edited April 2017
    I have a Bush Digital Radio, cost about 30 quid from Argos - stereo speakers, wooden case, sound quality is excellent. Highly recommend.

edit. Just noticed you specify internet radio - it can't do that, it's DAB. Price has gone up too, now 40.00, still a good deal at that price.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5535927