What's Hot
2»

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    edited March 2017
    17 and 13.

Not too embarrassed!

ICBM said:
    17 on both - just wrong on the Alembic bass one (thought it was the Jazz) and the Silvertone pickups (thought it was DeArmond).
    Yeah, the DeArmond thing threw me too. I did know the Alembic one though, as they were built for Jack Casady out of Jefferson Airplane, I think
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3633
    Just did the first one - 13.

Would probably have got a couple more if I had concentrated enough. :s
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3339
    11 & 10 but most where guesses 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24834
    dogload said:
    17 and 13.

Not too embarrassed!

ICBM said:
    17 on both - just wrong on the Alembic bass one (thought it was the Jazz) and the Silvertone pickups (thought it was DeArmond).
    Yeah, the DeArmond thing threw me too. I did know the Alembic one though, as they were built for Jack Casady out of Jefferson Airplane, I think
    I went with DeArmond - but got the Alembic one right - though more a process of elimination than actually 'knowing' the answer.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5055
    14 on the first
    12 on the second okay I guess
    I got the same!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7897
    9 and 9. 

I got all the Gretsch ones correct ;)
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5535
    9 on first.
    7 on second.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5162
    Huh. 14/18 on the first one (a lot of guesswork), 12/18 on the secong (more guesswork, just less luck)

Better than I expected to be honest. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11462
    11 and 10
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    dogload said:
    17 and 13.

Not too embarrassed!

ICBM said:
    I thought it was the Grateful Dead, as Garcia had an Alembic modded Guild for a short while... whilst I got the question right, my reasoning may be squiffy!!!

14 and 14... so I'm consistent!!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    edited March 2017
    impmann said:
    dogload said:
    17 and 13.

Not too embarrassed!

ICBM said:
    I thought it was the Grateful Dead, as Garcia had an Alembic modded Guild for a short while... whilst I got the question right, my reasoning may be squiffy!!!

14 and 14... so I'm consistent!!
    Here's the man with the bass (one of 'em anyway)

And here's what it sounds like

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11462
    The thing to remember here is that a monkey should get 4 or 5 out of 18.

The worst one was a bloke in the bottom group of physics A level at my school.  Part of the exam was multi-choice.  In the mock he got 5 out of 40 on the multi-choice paper.  The average monkey picking answers at random would have got 8 out of 40. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14309
    tFB Trader
    crunchman said:

The worst one was a bloke in the bottom group of physics A level at my school.  Part of the exam was multi-choice.  In the mock he got 5 out of 40 on the multi-choice paper.  The average monkey picking answers at random would have got 8 out of 40. 
    I've thought about this after I left school - out of 18 there must be at least 2-3-4 that Mr Thicky should know (and in Biology I was certainly Mr Thicky) - but then to randomly guess AB or C could get you lucky, but equally you could get them all wrong - So out of 18, pick the 2/3/4 you know, then answer a) for every one after that - this should statistically  get you a few more points at least
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23004
    edited March 2017
    crunchman said:

Your monkey would only get those scores on average, over an infinite number of attempts, not on a one-off attempt.  The guy who got 5 out of 40 was probably trying his best on at least some of the questions, but even if his reasoning is almost right it won't give him the right answer - that's the problem with multiple choice, no marks at all for having the right method but the wrong result.