Why am I so tired???

What's Hot

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9776
    Really really can't sleep without my headphones on, usually music, recently YouTube vids on gear rundowns, I'm asleep within 20mins. 
    It's just a habit, you need to develop a better habit :) there's no way that listening to people talking and playing guitars is a good way to get to sleep to sleep well enough. 
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    You might have sleep apnea, so go to your GP for a checkup. Ask for a sleep study. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Rocker said:
    You might have sleep apnea, so go to your GP for a checkup. Ask for a sleep study. 
    Hmmm I snore pretty badly, it's got worse over the last few years, so much so I recently had a cold and had to sleep on the sofa for about 3 weeks, just do Mrs Professorben could sleep, and to allow my ribs to heal  ;)
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • I got back in today just after 6, barely able to function, played football with the lad, helped make dinner, put lad to bed. 

Ive just had to give up on playing guitar again...... which makes it the 423rd night in a row. 

Im in bed, it's bloody not even half 8!!!
    my eyes are closing. 

Why do do I have no energy?

1. Remove all internet/tech/TV from the bedroom. You're posting from bed, so we know it's there! I 'cleaned' my bedroom of everything but bed and alarm clock a year ago - never slept better in my life! :-)
    Really really can't sleep without my headphones on, usually music, recently YouTube vids on gear rundowns, I'm asleep within 20mins. 
    During the hour before bed I gradually reduce the volume on the TV down to barely audible and gradually dim the living room lights as well. I'm usually asleep within 2 minutes of my head hitting the pillow!
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265

SAD doesn't exist? Do me a favour. I've watched my father battle with it every year like clockwork for the last thirty years.
    don't think it does tbh, there is a lot coming out to show that it is actually not the seasons at all. Go have a look at the scientific american research, not an insigificant journal. There is a lot of other research too. Its worth a read. Not denying that people struggle, but it doesn't look to be SAD.
    I got back in today just after 6, barely able to function, played football with the lad, helped make dinner, put lad to bed. 

Ive just had to give up on playing guitar again...... which makes it the 423rd night in a row. 

my eyes are closing. 

1. Remove all internet/tech/TV from the bedroom. You're posting from bed, so we know it's there! I 'cleaned' my bedroom of everything but bed and alarm clock a year ago - never slept better in my life! :-)
    During the hour before bed I gradually reduce the volume on the TV down to barely audible and gradually dim the living room lights as well. I'm usually asleep within 2 minutes of my head hitting the pillow!
    That just sounds annoying. 

You have that remotely controlled?
  • I got back in today just after 6, barely able to function, played football with the lad, helped make dinner, put lad to bed. 

my eyes are closing. 

Yes - infrared dimmer switches programmed to work off my Sky remote!
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    5.5 - 6 hours sleep sounds too little.  As a one-off it's no problem but you're talking as if it's typical for you.
    Sleeping with headphones?  Why can't you sleep without headphones?
    That's worth changing. 

You're stressed with other stuff and with no way soon of getting more control over that, and you have chronic low-level sleep insufficiency. 
    I would kind of expect all that to make you persistently fatigued even in the absence of anything "medical". 
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Evilmags said:
    Vitamin D deficiency is very common in the UK at the end of winter. (Caused by lack of sunlight, linked to all sorts of health problems in Northern countries.) 
    Speak for yourself and the rest of the Basques that dominate the English population, it's not a problem for us gingers.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    I got back in today just after 6, barely able to function, played football with the lad, helped make dinner, put lad to bed. 

my eyes are closing. 

Yes - infrared dimmer switches programmed to work off my Sky remote!
    Ok, less annoying and actually pretty cool
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5861

holnrew said:
    Get some blood tests, two times I've been exhausted, each time i had a vitamin deficiency
    This^

I was ill with cold like symptoms 3 times in 4 months between Jan and April last year. Docs, Blood Tests, I had Vit D deficiency. I've been on the one a day tabs since and I've been only slightly poorly once in the last 12 months. Having said this, I will probably succumb to a deadly bout of Vitas Gerulaitis ;)

I know you don't feel like you have a Cold, but feeling run down/tired can also be a sign of Vit D deficiency, I'd also take good advice from drinking more water every day and enough fruit for Vit C intake. It's likely something as simple as this.

Now, off to the Docs tomorrow!
    I've more chance of getting a audience with the pope than seeing my doctor, mostly it's just a Locum who really doesn't give a toss. 

Assuming I can get an appt in the first place.  

Most Surgeries have a "Drop In" session in the morning period, I can't say if yours does, but if it does then get there 1/2 hour before the doors open and bingo, you're in. Don't get fobbed off, ask for blood test.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited March 2017
    regarding supplements, go for magnesium, and a vitamin b complex. if you want you can add vitamin c and coq10. I have chronic fatigue syndrome (cop-out term when the docs can't figure out what's wrong with you) and those have helped me a lot.  

There's a bunch of shitty companies out there - stick to the reputable ones like 'now foods' and thorne research. You have to pay a bit more but it's worth it. 

Well, I've switched out my Tea for Redbush, I'm picking up some supplements today and looking at getting a doctors appt. 

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7806
    Oh, Ginseng tea is also considered a pick me up.
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Gassage said:
    Lack of weed ;) x
    Eh? I find the opposite to be true, or so I've heard anyway ;)
    Octafish said:
    Gassage said:
    Lack of weed ;) x
    Eh? I find the opposite to be true, or so I've heard anyway ;)
    It's a bit of an 'in' joke. 

@Gassage was teasing me as we all know he's straight-edge. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Check for diabetes...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Check for diabetes...

Wis'd, and precisely why I didn't lol the Emp...
    Emp_Fab said:
    Have you visited your GP ?  There can be many reasons for tiredness, some innocuous, some less so.  You would be wise to get it checked out.  My uncle was tired all the time.... after about 12 months, both his legs fell off.

... I wis'd him instead. I met an old geezer in A&E in Gifhorn who'd lost both legs due to diabetes. Not funny. Of course, it doesn't have to be any more dramatic than insufficient hydration/sleep.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30928
    Gassage said:
    Ben, very simply, are you drinking enough water?
    Does Tea count?
    i take a 2 litre flask and a full thermos cup with me to work everyday, so that's pretty much 3 litres. 

I always finish it.

I feel my life life is spent peeing in lay-bys.  
    No it doesn't. Tea is a diuretic as is coffee.

Try drink more water mate.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7881
    Thyroid issues, diabetes, or other endocrine problems may be a factor.  Hopefully, it's just vitamin D deficiency.  

Do get yourself checked out. Why wait?