SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

PRS EGII 1993 .. NO LONGER FOR SALE

What's Hot
bignormbignorm Frets: 191
edited December 2016 in Guitars £
F/S 1993 PRS EGII  (Made in the USA not Korea) 
Since getting an almost identical EGII from Kebabkid I've found that I just don't play this one anymore. 
I've just not bonded with it despite trying on many occasions.
The guitar is in excellent condition with a few scuffs that you'd expect to find on a guitar of this age.
The H/S/H has some great tones and the humbuckers are tapped on a push/pull on the tone pot. 
I might consider trades to the value of £850 but don't offer me a telecaster or a telecaster shaped guitar I just don't like them. (I'm always being offered telecasters... On one forum a guy got really stroppy coz I wouldn't consider his beloved Kotzen Tele) but I digress..
Back on topic 

I'm in Exeter but I'm happy to arrange a road trip if it's feasible and an imminent serious deal is on the cards.
I would ship by courier but only if it's a last resort and it's done using a good courier fully insured not yodel or parcelfarce. 
Its the one on the left!!

✺ ✺ ✺ PRS EG History ✺ ✺ ✺
Highly regarded by players who want a guitar that'll stay in tune and cover a wide range of tones. Designed by Joe Knaggs, the idea was to have a quality 22 fret strat style guitar that would sound like a super strat but stay in tune.
The Alder body and bolt on Maple neck with Rosewood Fingerboard, was a classic design that shared the same basic DNA as a fender strat but combined them into a package that was undeniably PRS.
The neck had a really nice comfortable profile and was fitted with fatter frets than a traditional strat, which made it very easy to play.
In a nutshell, it takes the best bits of a strat and the tuning stability of a Prs. By using the high quality Prs hardware they came up with a super strat thats a superb gigging machine.
Despite being a design classic and absolute tone monsters, they were produced at a time when high gain amps and Floyd Rose super strats were the norm plus having a high price tag meant they never sold well.
In an interview Paul Reed Smith actually admitted losing money on each guitar because of the decision to go with the higher production cost in the U.S.A. 

Production ceased in 1995 with only 2000 guitars ever being made, making the USA made PRS EG's pretty rare and sought after.

http://i.imgur.com/zxdZJRK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Cg5RSKl.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments