SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

*SOLD - Pending trade to Hertz32 * Hand made Siggery Custom heresy 6 *trades please*

What's Hot
vettaheadvettahead Frets: 236
edited September 2016 in Guitars £
Hi all, I took this in a trade recently.  ITs a wonderful intrument just a little too pointy for moi.    Ill let the photos do the talking here.  look  at it!  gorgeous, the neck is a wizard type so is wide and flat. sounds great and plays beautifully.  Trades of around £700 id say! WHY

Heres the specaroo

Body: Mahogany/Spalted Maple Top

Neck: 5 Piece Mahogany/Ebony/Purpleheart

Fingerboard: Spalted Maple: Scale: 25.5"

Tuners: Locking

Pickup: Custom Siggery Calibrated

Bridge: Tune-o-matic Roller

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    Nice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • moz91moz91 Frets: 38
    Where are you located? That's lovely!
  • Up in Lancashire near Manchester mate.  Can post if needed
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30947
    Wow. it looks alive almost. Incredible.

Can you confirm if the roots are still attached to the tree or have they been removed?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• There still there.  Just tuck em in yer jeans :) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    That is ridiculously pretty.  Good luck!
  • Hi mate, radius and fret size?
  • wi wiz, not sure on those. ill have a measure!  
  • Thanks, also, any dents dings or anything and can you rate the build quality? I hear Siggery is patchy, as well as a pretty dodgy guy to deal with. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7373
    wizbit81 said:
    Thanks, also, any dents dings or anything and can you rate the build quality? I hear Siggery is patchy, as well as a pretty dodgy guy to deal with. 
    Probably would have been better in a private message...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Its absolutely flawless, no dings or dints.  the build quality is really good. I've hammered a blackmachine of a pals and it stands up very very well  As far as I can tell this is an early siggery (first one on his gallery to be precise the exif data from one of the photos dates it to April 25, 2012. 

as for the dodgy comment I have no experience with the guy at all, reading up  it looks like he folded in 15 but lots of positive comments from the early days (when this one was produced) I read lots of things about delays and things but nothing bad on the final builds.
  • wizbit81 said:
    Thanks, also, any dents dings or anything and can you rate the build quality? I hear Siggery is patchy, as well as a pretty dodgy guy to deal with.

Seriously bud? On someone's advert? Think before you type :) 
  • Pointy is not my thing but that is one seriously beautiful guitar and oozes quality. Good luck with your sale/trade!

That hardcase is so cool haha.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Strangefan was I talking to you? I don't think so and I don't appreciate that ridiculously patronizing tone. I suggest you think before you type. Vettahead's reply was honest and spot on, and that's all I would ask.

Dings or dents is a perfectly reasonable ask, and if it's public everyone knows without the need to PM, it also protects people daft enough to buy without asking (some actually do you know!)

As for the build quality and Siggery's history, well that's pretty important. If you know anything about the situation you'll know that he effectively stole money from quite a few people and did dodgy acts like selling already paid for guitars off on Ebay once he started to go under, after stopping all communication with the guys who had paid for them. If you bought one of those it would be handling stolen goods and you'd get it taken off you by the police if the real owner saw it. Vettehead has now looked into it (if he hadn't before) and has seen this was the first Blackmachine copy that he built, so it's not going to be a dodgy double sold one. I've also seen different reports on the build quality, with some saying excellent, and some with different opinions. Again, important to ask because of this. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Not really bothered if you appreciate the tone or not,  this is  a for sale ad,  where someone is trying  to sell  a guitar, by you putting your comments your effecting his chance   of a sale,  do you not buy and iPhone because of  the way the workers in China are treated? 
    A good guitar is a good guitar, 

So I'll stick to my original post, think before you type. 

Enough derailing I think. 
  • Establishing whether it was a good guitar or not, or possibly a fraudulent one was the purpose, your whole argument and iPhone comment is laughable and inappropriate, like your first comment and your typing/language use, coming steaming in on a thread where you have no relevant comment to make other than having a dig, and 0 positive input. Positive input from mine is that OP has identified the guitar as being an early one before the dodgy dealing and the massive delays as well as confirming condition. If you want to continue to discuss PM me, I agree that the initial reply from OP was all that was needed and I'm happy to delete my side of our discussion so OP can continue to sell now we know the answers to the pertinent questions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Are you going to buy it?
  • MattGMattG Frets: 170
    what are the pickups like on this? is it a purpose built shred machine or will it suit warmer and cleaner styles of playing as well?
  • there very articulate and surprisingly warm!  I was expecting shed type affairs but no there very warm.  I have a pair of 80's gibson pickups i can add into the sale if needed.