Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

fitness or fatness ?

What's Hot

Comments

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935

I must admit I miss my younger years in that I could STUFF myself to the gills as much/often as I wanted...and yet didn't put on a single ounce.......

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    edited October 2016
    All I know for sure is that I lost weight. :-)

3000 calories sounds more like a day's ride to me.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445

3000 calories sounds more like a day's ride to me.
    Yeah but at full pelt constantly - which just isn't realistic I don't think. Not in an urban setting anyway.
    edited October 2016
    ya wimps my FB friend did it in under 2 hrs. :lol:
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    edited October 2016
    I do tons of exercise, always have. My diet is terrible though.

My weekly routine is Monday to Friday early morn pre-work run, gym and swim (about an hour and a half in total). Also 2-3 days a week I do an hour in our small work gym at lunch as well.

Saturday 5k 'race' running. Sunday longer run 8-18km. Sometimes in the summer I also throw in long cross country bike rides in the evening 1 - 2.5hrs.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    ESBlonde said:

Remember we are all going to fit in a same size hole in the ground at the end.

Yeah, but some of us will need a bigger casket eh, which they charge a fortune for.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    go carboard then and be an eco warrior even at the very end.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4931
    Fatness for me, please.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5297
    all about fitness for me i have zero interest in weights etc (apart from my own). Lean and fit makes the most sense as a target IMO
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Calorie calculators are woefully inaccurate. Even 900 for 26miles seems on the high side to me. I've basically been calling a 1:10 13mile ride 300 calories. Doing that twice in a day giving me a surplus of 600 calories. Four times a week then being 2400.
    It would however be far more if you did it on a Raleigh Striker instead of these latest contraptions.  I think the point most people miss is the longevity of the exercise.  If you don't have a physically demanding job, you are basically screwed, unless you don't want to sleep and run three times a day or something and if you eat less, most people find they can't concentrate.  I donno what the answer is, seems like a right bastard to me.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2016

how about eat nutritious healthy food instead of alcohol and/or cake binges and do moderate exercise 3 or 4 times a week ? lol

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    siraxeman said:

how about eat nutritious healthy food instead of alcohol and/or cake binges and do moderate exercise 3 or 4 times a week ? lol

Er.. no.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    but why'est not ?
    Coz I want to die early?
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    Got fit a couple of years ago after slobbing it since leaving school. Now I run 50-60 miles a week off road and gym (light exercises) once or twice depending upon how long the long run is. Train for ultra marathons having recently completely 2 x 100km marathons in a month and 2 marathons in 2 days. Got my first 100 mile run this weekend - 24-28 hours on the feet (hopefully). 

I've been lighter 11st 13lbs but race weight is around 12st 5lb to 12st 7lbs. Being lighter I feel much weaker and rather be stronger with a few extra pounds.  Can control weight fairly easily by just being careful with eating junk.  For the race this weekend expect to burn around 9-10000 calories although will eat approx 2-3000 in that time too. Will be hungry for a week after haha
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    mcsdan said:
    Now I run 50-60 miles a week off road 
    Jesus. How do you find the time? I am impressed. 
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Started running again to loose the summer beer belly (average temperature over summer was 39 degrees so you tend to get through a lot of beer). The first two weeks are terrible. Sore and slow. 
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    mcsdan said:
    Got fit a couple of years ago after slobbing it since leaving school. Now I run 50-60 miles a week off road and gym (light exercises) once or twice depending upon how long the long run is. Train for ultra marathons having recently completely 2 x 100km marathons in a month and 2 marathons in 2 days. Got my first 100 mile run this weekend - 24-28 hours on the feet (hopefully). 

I've been lighter 11st 13lbs but race weight is around 12st 5lb to 12st 7lbs. Being lighter I feel much weaker and rather be stronger with a few extra pounds.  Can control weight fairly easily by just being careful with eating junk.  For the race this weekend expect to burn around 9-10000 calories although will eat approx 2-3000 in that time too. Will be hungry for a week after haha
    Is it true that ultras can leave you pissing blood? Nothing serious, so I've heard, just the jogging motion irritates something or other.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    I cant help but think extreme endurance is detrimental to optimum health. Long distance runners often dropping dead with a culinary trombonist  (heart attack  ;-) ) and if not loads of distance runners complain of dodgy knees later on in life.