Bauble advice.

What's Hot
Come on Dads'net I need some advice here. I'm decorating my Christmas tree , a real one  as opposed to fake or imaginary, and I need the benefit if experience here.

1.  What do you guys tie your baubles up with?  Is there some crafty trick that will save me hours of grief at the end of the festive season.  I was thinking of used guitar strings, but I haven't any spares at the moment.

2.  If I but a wood burner, is there any good reason why I should not use the Christmas tree in there once it has performed it's seasonal duties?

This fkn thing is giving me a rash.

May you and yours have a Handsome Christmas

Xxx
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3068
    Come on Dads'net I need some advice here. I'm decorating my Christmas tree , a real one  as opposed to fake or imaginary, and I need the benefit if experience here.

1.  What do you guys tie your baubles up with?  Is there some crafty trick that will save me hours of grief at the end of the festive season.  I was thinking of used guitar strings, but I haven't any spares at the moment.

2.  If I but a wood burner, is there any good reason why I should not use the Christmas tree in there once it has performed it's seasonal duties?

1.  Green garden wire.   Bend it.

2.  Yes.  It's not seasoned. You shouldn't put any 'green' wood in a log burner at all - give it a year to dry out and season itself properly.  Even then, I'd avoid burning pine if you can as it gives of a residue in it's smoke that sticks to the inside of your chimney liner, and could eventually catch fire.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Our baubles all come with bits of string already on them. Surprised yours don't. They are pretty light so I'd have thought a bit of cotton would do it.

Last year we had a potted real tree in the house for the first time and it has survived planted out in the garden really well. So, doing the same again this year, very good at not shedding needles as well. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16780
    solder works really well.   I am not joking, some of mine have had the same strips of solder on them for years
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2108
    Don't they just come with bits of string already attached, or is this something my missus has done in the past???
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • loctite or gaffa tape
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    I don't tie my baubles up any more. My voice is still an octave higher from 3 years ago.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28674
    loctite or gaffa tape
    Specifically Loctite 3090 for this sort of work. Phenomenal stuff.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10720
    ^ or nails. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4046
    Sporky said:
    Specifically Loctite 3090 for this sort of work. Phenomenal stuff.
    That looks like the answer to a problem which I haven't currently got.  But it's good to know stuff like that exists.
    I got two free sample kits.

It's everything they said superglue would be, only gap filling and faster. I glued a ducting bracket to the ceiling of my workshop; 10 seconds later I could put my entire body weight on it. Totes amazeballs.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8754
    RobDavies said:

2.  Yes.  It's not seasoned. You shouldn't put any 'green' wood in a log burner at all - give it a year to dry out and season itself properly.  Even then, I'd avoid burning pine if you can as it gives of a residue in it's smoke that sticks to the inside of your chimney liner, and could eventually catch fire.

That's the theory. On twelfth night I chop our tree into six inch sections, and use it for lighting our stove, a handful at a time.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • These

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7555
    Only enter the bauble if your bauble reader confirms the auguries are favourable and your bone reader confirms that local space is clear. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12421
    We use paper clips for bauble dangling. 
  • Just make sure you wash your hands after handling the baubles or you might catch tinselitus.

I thank you. I'm here all week, try the fish. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4323
    We use string for baubles.

The tree will spit and smoke like a good'n. I'd get it chipped or leave it out for collection (I pay for a garden bin collected 
    every other week by the council). Courier it down to me if you like.

Wishing you back a very merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year. Enjoy!

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• Boar balls? Strange delicacy, but whatever you wanna eat at Christmas is up to you...

• These

What are those?
    Crap paperclips.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom