Put a lamp on it.

What's Hot
robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3664
Found these gems at my local auction house.

The craftsmanship is second to none and the thought that went into the design process leaves me speechless.
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
2reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

The old enlarger probably counts as a visual joke, but I don't get the rest.

What about photos of your guitar with a light on?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24558
    The manifold one isn't that bad actually.  The rest are just....  what's the word I'm looking for ?.....  oh, yes....  Shit.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3664
    None of the bulbs are actually in straight to the piece they are fixed to, thats quality right there.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    That's a bit odd!

Reminds me that I've got an old drum kit in the loft, and in the bass drum (inside) there is a light bulb fixing thing.  Given the age of the drums, this would I think have been a traditional bulb with filament.  So given the vibration from the kick pedal, I'd expect each lamp would have lasted about a minute.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2097
    Ive always though that a nice snare drum would make a cool light fitting...pendant styleee

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12462
    That recycling program on the Beeb does all this sort of bollocks. Yesterday they had a rusty petrol can that they tacked a lightbulb to the spout. That allegedly sold for £150......to Stevie Wonder presumably. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72827
    I quite like the petrol can one, that's slightly amusing - especially as it's a 'reflector' can :).

The chap who rents my lockup garage and deals in junk was threatening to turn some of it into this sort of guff. I did mention that I could do the PAT testing for him, and I heard no more…

Even with PAT stickers the electrical safety of some of the ones which are made of metal that's attached to the lamp base  bothers me a bit, given the standard of workmanship.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Those are incredible. I had a hard time debating if I should hit wow or lol. 
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Steampunk
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24558
    Nope - Shitpunk.  
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7348
    edited March 2017