Bernie Marsden + PRS Himself at Andertons - this week for clinic

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    I went to one of these in Storehouse a few years ago. I'm not remotely into PRS guitars - a friend had a spare ticket and was kind enough to ask me - but it was actually really interesting and the guy is a good speaker. Also, Bernie did Here I Go Again with just him and a guitar, which was worth going for in itself.
    I was there too, and here is that performance...

awesome, thanks :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DamianPDamianP Frets: 501
    edited March 2017
    I've seen videos of PRS at these things, all tall tales and nonsense.  I suppose they are good if you like that sort of thing but they would need to pay me to bother. 

My shop is only 15 mins away.  I welcome visitors anytime for free.  If you're really interested in guitar making.....
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2339

I admire Paul for his engagement with the public and I think he appears pretty normal for what he does. Sterling Ball can be quite protective as well, and doesn't like criticism (although I've noticed he has cooled down recently).

Musicman and PRS are two of the best 'quality' guitar (and bass) manufacturers in the business, on that scale.

I would pay a tenner to see Sterling Ball and a few guitarists and bassists chat.

£5 is nowt. Heck down south isn't it more than that for a pint?! In Manc a good IPA is over £5!

• £5 where I am going but your ticket goes in a raffle for a free PRS Se
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2416
    DamianP said:
    I've seen videos of PRS at these things, all tall tales and nonsense.  I suppose they are good if you like that sort of thing but they would need to pay me to bother. 

My shop is only 15 mins away.  I welcome visitors anytime for free.  If you're really interested in guitar making.....
    Wow, such professional respect for a fellow builder and the guy that helped bring expensive flame top solidbody guitars to the 'mainstream' When did us Brits all become so bitter?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2017
    Strat54 said:
    DamianP said:

Wow, such professional respect for a fellow builder and the guy that helped bring expensive flame top solidbody guitars to the 'mainstream' When did us Brits all become so bitter?
    I've got huge respect for my fellow builders.  It's a noble craft populated largely by people with skill, honesty and dedication.

I'm less than impressed by people who tell obvious mistruths in pursuit of marketing.  Especially when they really should know better. 

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    Just had an email offering free tickets for the Brum event, no Bernie Marsden though so I've no interest. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    DamianP said:
    Strat54 said:
    DamianP said:

I've got huge respect for my fellow builders.  It's a noble craft populated largely by people with skill, honesty and dedication.

I'm less than impressed by people who tell obvious mistruths in pursuit of marketing.  Especially when they really should know better. 

But, and not just in this post, you come across as bitter and hard-done-by, and that puts me off your great guitars if anything. Whether you like it or not, marketing exists and every time you post you are doing your own marketing. Keeping it positive would go a long way imo.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2017

dindude said:
    DamianP said:
    Strat54 said:
    DamianP said:

But, and not just in this post, you come across as bitter and hard-done-by, and that puts me off your great guitars if anything. Whether you like it or not, marketing exists and every time you post you are doing your own marketing. Keeping it positive would go a long way imo.
    Nothing could be further from the truth.   Come round any time.  The kettle is always on.  
    Indeed I have frequently extended an open invitation to anyone who's interested in guitar making to pay me a visit.  I won't charge you any money and I won't try to sell you anything.  You'll find that I'm just as happy as can be. 

I just have a strong dislike of bullshit.   I realise that pointing it out will only ever be used against me and that people will believe whatever they like.  I really should just say nothing and let them get on with it.  In that, you make a very good point.

I'm currently doing some work on a PRS.  It's a nice guitar.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom