1968 Marshall JMP Plexi in Derby

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    IC, I have actually done a little bit of work on this amp - fitted the TAD IEC socket and put a grommet  in the hole on the front plate, plus checked the valves, and bias. It has had all the work you describe, including a replacement mains TX switches, lamp, pots, bias cct etc. and is typical of many Marshalls I see on the bench, that have been well used and had many repairs along their illustrious life. But I believe the guys are genuine, and they they pay lot of money for this gear - people know the value these days, then you add EBay fees and it just gets silly.         
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72946
    I never had any doubt that the work had been done properly, you can see that in the pic too - good to have that confirmed :). But it really has been through the mill over the years, as I'm sure you'd agree... even if in the end, it's been rebuilt correctly.

I really hope they didn't pay anything even remotely like the price it's listed for. Half that would be optimistic, I think.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jkirk170493jkirk170493 Frets: 27
    Thanks for the words guys! We do appreciate them.

Just to reiterate - we DO do our research before and after purchasing, and we do check them through. But what I was saying was that I have only 4 years experience so there are certain things that I miss - yet I am willing and wanting to learn and grow in this so that maybe one day I'll know it like the back of my hand, right?

@miserneil thanks for the kind words. You're right about the reputation and we certainly don't want to get one of those because that is not why we are in this business. We are in it because we are passionate about it. I am a player too who has been obsessed with vintage gear since I started playing at 10. Although, yes, we're in business to make money, the root of why we do what we do is of course because we love it. I hope that comes across in this all.

We can take hard and fair words, it's not an issue at all. We'd really LIKE correction on some of our stock if we've got it horribly wrong. And I love the fact that, even in my first post, you can really tell that it is a close knit group here! It's great!

For info, we've updated the ad with information given - thank you so much for the help! 

@nickb_boy thanks mate. I'll do exactly that once I can figure out how to change it! ha. And of course - we're happy to help in whatever way we can. In fact we'd love to. If there is one thing we can do well, it is sourcing gear so if anyone wants specifics, get in contact with us. Just mention that you're off the fretboard.

Again, thank you for this and I am looking forward to some great threads on this forum (and others too...anyone recommend any?)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jkirk170493jkirk170493 Frets: 27
    P.S. does anyone know how to change username?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    P.S. does anyone know how to change username?
    You'll need an admin for that mate. I use to be "superbassguy"

It became somewhat unappealing when you realise it reads "superb ass guy"

:D
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom