Non-Guitar Centric Music

What's Hot

Comments

• SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    Like I said, you're a musical swot. I'd like to have the time to go back to music theory. Maybe when I retire eh....!<br><br>For now, I reckon I will stick with trying to figure Omnisphere 2 out, properly!!<br>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    <blockquote class="Quote"> <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/3720/Snap">Snap</a> said:</div> <div class="QuoteText">Like I said, you're a musical swot. I'd like to have the time to go back to music theory. Maybe when I retire eh....!<br><br>For now, I reckon I will stick with trying to figure Omnisphere 2 out, properly!!<br></div> </blockquote> haaaa yes I can be at times…<br><br>often it's less about theory and more about listening in great detail..<br><br><br>
    <div style="text-align: -webkit-center; "><font color="#ff0000" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1"><span style="line-height: 26px; "><i><b>play every note as if it were your first</b></i></span></font></div>
    This thread needs a reboot.<br><br>Got a clear run at it today, did this.<br><br>
    <blockquote class="Quote"> <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/3720/Snap">Snap</a> said:</div> <div class="QuoteText">This thread needs a reboot.<br><br>Got a clear run at it today, did this.<br><br> </blockquote> funky groove...<br>very cool.. reminds me a little of Art Of Noise
    <div style="text-align: -webkit-center; "><font color="#ff0000" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1"><span style="line-height: 26px; "><i><b>play every note as if it were your first</b></i></span></font></div>
    here's one I made earlier<br><br>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2017
    I found the trailer for Diablo 3, chopped it up a bit and put a trailer of mine called Lazarus over it..<br>this was so much fun<br><br><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="" title="Link: ">
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    <blockquote class="Quote"> <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/3720/Snap">Snap</a> said:</div> <div class="QuoteText">Just finished this track, thanks all for listening. Its actually got a fair bit of guitar in it, ebow and stuff, but loads of synths, All feedback appreciated, as is your time to listen<br><br>cheers, J<br><br> </blockquote> I like that .... :-)<br>
    <br><b>Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!</b><br>
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    <blockquote class="Quote"> <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/276/Clarky">Clarky</a> said:</div> <div class="QuoteText">here's one I made earlier<br><br> </blockquote> I like that .. very Hans Zimmer <br>
    <br><b>Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!</b><br>
    Clarky mate! They are really good. <br><br>I really don't like you....;))<br><br>quality stuff pal<br>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    <span class="vanilla-mention-@">@Fretwired </span>thanks mate!<br>
  • Just come across this thread. Here's one of mine from when I still had a keyboard. There's guitar on it, but it's mostly driven by the bass and a cheesy Argos keyboard.<br><br>
    Extremely mellow! I've just lounged back in a nice pair of Farah flares, beige obviously......;)<br>
  • <blockquote class="Quote"> <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/3720/Snap">Snap</a> said:</div> <div class="QuoteText">Extremely mellow! I've just lounged back in a nice pair of Farah flares, beige obviously......;)<br></div> </blockquote> I hope you were wearing a pair of slip ons to complete the look : >
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    I’ve just fallen into the rabbit hole of exploring non guitar stuff in logic using a cheap keyboard controller with drum pads. Keeping a keen eye on this thread :) 
    <span class="vanilla-mention-@">@BRISTOL86 </span><br><br>oh mate, you've done it now. An endless path of nonsense and mystery awaits. I have been farting around with this sort of stuff for 20 years, more, and I genuinely have little idea of how it all works. A guitar, amp and a few stomp boxes are so much easier to deal with!<br><br>@biglicks67 too right. Brown ones. <br>
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    <span class="vanilla-mention-@">@Snap ain’t that the truth! I’ve put a logic training manual on my list to Santa :) </span>
    and then there's the "I need to find a key's sound for... xyz"<br>not only do I have Logic and all the keys in there, I have Native Instruments stuff, Omnisphere, Sylenth and many others..<br>DAAAAAAAAYYYYYYZZ later.. "haaa found it.."<br><br>in some ways.. orchestral stuff is easier.. I know what a cello section is, what it sounds like and what I need to load up... lol...<br>hmmm... but then.. there's making the orchestra sound realistic.. and so getting to understand the articulations..<br>a rabbit hole of a different kind...<br><br>this stuff is so much fun.. but can be so frustrating...<br>really makes me tip my hat to Jean Michel Jarre in the Oxygene / Equinox days and Vangelis in the Albedo 0.39 / Spiral days..<br>just loads of real synths, effects, tape machine and no MIDI or DAW<br>makes you realise the level of work, knowhow and vision required to create those masterpieces..
    @Clarky - agree, and also Phaedra by Tangerine Dream. Simply amazing.<br><br><br>
    here's another piece..<br>this one is experimental..<br>the objective was to see if I could make my vocal sound like a female soprano<br>so this was all about experimentation with audio processing<br><br>
    <blockquote class="Quote"> <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/3720/Snap">Snap</a> said:</div> <div class="QuoteText">@Clarky - agree, and also Phaedra by Tangerine Dream. Simply amazing.<br><br><br></div> </blockquote> Tangerine Dream remind me of 70's / 80's Hawkwind without guitars and drums...<br>trippy as fk... lol... very cool though..<br><br>