New pedals, new board

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SchmoSchmo Frets: 170
    S'funny, I'm not into JM's at all...but yours is fantastic, can't stop looking at it ! Nice pedalboard build too...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7903

That Small Stone is not on straight.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27502
    Paul_C said:

That Small Stone is not on straight.
    :D 

I won't tell anyone if you don't :P 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Schmo said:
    S'funny, I'm not into JM's at all...but yours is fantastic, can't stop looking at it ! Nice pedalboard build too...
    It's cos mine's the best one, obviously! 
  • Tracking update... FINALLY. "ready for collection"

Woo!
    edited November 2017
    It's sparkly! That doesn't show in photos under my office lights. But it's really pretty. And quite small, which is nice. I wouldn't want 3 switches any closer together, but compact pedals are always good. Now I need to learn to drive it...

• Done!

Well, I say done, I don’t yet have the Plus, so I have a Rat taking up that spot for now. And my workaround for the Zuma us (literally) come unstuck, so I will need to pony up for the brackets, but that's temporarily cable-tidied in place, it’s all fully wired up and does sound marvellous.

Thoughts:

- the Empress Echosystem doesn’t have a bad sound in it, apart from the ring mod setting (srsly, who ever uses ring mods in music people want to listen to?). It's super easy to use, and I haven't even opened the manual yet. At some point I need to learn how presets work and what the shift button is for, but for now I'm in dual-parallel tape-delay heaven

- the Ditto is a really neat little thing that is going to make me want to buy a "proper" looper in no time. 

- Cleggy & @juansolo know a thing or two about pedals. I'm loving this Small Stone, in small doses.

- the Supernatural is really nice, but I'm not sure I need a reverb on top of the Empress. Time will tell.

- Maybe I'll go for something like an H9 to replace the Whammy & Supernatural & phaser at some point, except you probably can't use multiple FX at once with those, and it can't be in 2 places in a signal chain at once. So maybe not. 

- Also, this is too many drive pedals. 5 at present... I would *never* gig with this, unless in a overblown ambient wank type of band. Which would be loads of fun. At least for me.

- my Strat is a really nice sounding guitar, but the frets need work. And possibly a slightly chunkier neck...

Anyway, picture time!

• JEPBLEPJEPBLEP Frets: 188
    Love this thread. Love this board. Love the Strat. If I were to wear a hat, I would take it off.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • H9 won’t do what a Whammy does mate. Nothing does! Get a Ricochet if you need to save space. 
  • H9 won’t do what a Whammy does mate. Nothing does! Get a Ricochet if you need to save space. 
    Ya. I'm not keen to lose full Whammy capability, I just wish it wasn't so frickin huge. That's one of the things that drove me away from the Helix - its pitch-shifting is just awful. 

I'd definitely try a Ricochet, but I wonder if even that would be too limited. But I'd enjoy a demo at least...

Anyway, I don't need to make more space atm. And if I did then the reverb could go and the Small Stone could always switch for a smaller-footprinted swirly. 
  • I went Ricochet for Space, and it’s doing just fine. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8560
    Board looks great Sticky