Oh dear... Advice needed!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3400
    Cheers @ICBM and @benmurray85 ;

Better than the fabled Katana though?
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12694
    PC_Dave said:
    Cheers @ICBM and @benmurray85 ;

Shit load cheaper... and if you do let off a small nuclear device next to it, it will be a lot easier to repair - assuming it is affected by it.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72786
    edited November 2017
    PC_Dave said:
    Cheers @ICBM and @benmurray85 ;;

Not sure - I haven't played a Katana yet! But of the old-school solid-state analogue amps, they come the closest to what you want I think. And definitely cheaper, at least second hand. I also prefer the styling, with the knobs on the front - I am not a fan of top-mounted controls for a gigging amp - they're always a risk for drink damage.

There's also the Fender Deluxe 112, Stage 112 or Performer 1000 (or Roc Pro, which is the same thing restyled) which all have very usable loud clean sounds and take pedals well, although aren't quite as bombproof as the Peavey.

Also the Fender Frontman 212 or Champion 100 - these are 2x12"s, but very light for such a big amp and astoundingly cheap for what they are.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• All I know is that I’ve had my HRD for about 12 years now. I’ve tried loads of other amps and the only thing I’ll use in its place (for ease) is a Bandit. 
    Costs well under £100 and if you don’t like it they hold that money all day long so you won’t lose. 
    How very rock and roll
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3400
    All I know is that I’ve had my HRD for about 12 years now. I’ve tried loads of other amps and the only thing I’ll use in its place (for ease) is a Bandit. 
    Costs well under £100 and if you don’t like it they hold that money all day long so you won’t lose. 
    Praise indeed! Thanks mate, i'll start the hunt....
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12694
    PC_Dave said:
    All I know is that I’ve had my HRD for about 12 years now. I’ve tried loads of other amps and the only thing I’ll use in its place (for ease) is a Bandit. 
    Praise indeed! Thanks mate, i'll start the hunt....
    Go for the Transtube models if you want it to 'feel' more like a valve amp.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.