My Bitsa

Following On from this thread http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/121702/are-bitsa-s-fake#latest

here are are some pics of my bitsa, and no it isn’t for sale !

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dsebvbmK8f1H3ZSR2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tbJ7xH4AhX1m376t2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vHSJNM4qpNbZTcKz2

And forgot got about the neck plate which was in my parts bin 

www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Looks nice, although that trem does look a long way off the body !

In the other thread you describe the neck as being far too big and wide for your tastes. Sounds perfect to me, any idea what model it came off of ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14444
    DrBob said:
    In the interests of stability, the Wilkinson VS pivot posts could do with being substantially lower in their threaded inserts. 

Obtaining a playable action would involve cutting the neck pocket floor at an angle - rather like Charvel do themselves on some models.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • DrBob said:

In the other thread you describe the neck as being far too big and wide for your tastes. Sounds perfect to me, any idea what model it came off of ?

Sorry no idea. It was just one among a load a parts dealer  they had at the Bristol Guitar Show  
    DrBob said:
    In the interests of stability, the Wilkinson VS pivot posts could do with being substantially lower in their threaded inserts. 

Obtaining a playable action would involve cutting the neck pocket floor at an angle - rather like Charvel do themselves on some models.
     Yes it is left it there whilst I decide what to do with it, don't want to cut the neck pocket as may find another neck which suits me better.

In the meantime am contemplating fitting a stop tail piece a la gibson  but the trem cavity is too wide so means filling it or coming up with another bodge. on going project!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7032
    tFB Trader
    Is the neck pocket the problem or is the neck's 22nd fret extension resting on the scratchplate?
  • Neck pocket
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14444
    The fingerboard extension can not be resting on the scratchplate. It is casting a shadow. (See OP's third photograph.)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7032
    tFB Trader
    Ah okay
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    DrBob said:

Sorry no idea. It was just one among a load a parts dealer  they had at the Bristol Guitar Show  
     Yes it is left it there whilst I decide what to do with it, don't want to cut the neck pocket as may find another neck which suits me better.

In the meantime am contemplating fitting a stop tail piece a la gibson  but the trem cavity is too wide so means filling it or coming up with another bodge. on going project!
    If you do replace it and decide you want to move it on do bear me in mind !