What you record

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28353
    axisus said:
    It doesn't happen that often as it takes a lot of setting up for the video, I need to be in the right mood, and I only do it when no-one is in the house (rare with 6 of us!)
    I feel your pain. "Silently" recording with headphones on is fine for most instruments but I hardly get a chance to do vocals unless the kids are asleep and wife is out. I can only imagine what recording real drums in that environment would be like 
    As well as all the things that you'd imagine as a problem I have this: I have to record in our tiny utility room and If the wife is at home she is in and out all the time. I put black drapes all around behind me, but they all fall down if the door gets opened! Also it's bloody annoying if you are 5 mins in to recording and she comes crashing in to ruin it. Plus the wife and kids think I'm weird as I have taken to wearing a mask for videos!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 146
    axisus said:
    axisus said:
    It doesn't happen that often as it takes a lot of setting up for the video, I need to be in the right mood, and I only do it when no-one is in the house (rare with 6 of us!)
    I feel your pain. "Silently" recording with headphones on is fine for most instruments but I hardly get a chance to do vocals unless the kids are asleep and wife is out. I can only imagine what recording real drums in that environment would be like 
    As well as all the things that you'd imagine as a problem I have this: I have to record in our tiny utility room and If the wife is at home she is in and out all the time. I put black drapes all around behind me, but they all fall down if the door gets opened! Also it's bloody annoying if you are 5 mins in to recording and she comes crashing in to ruin it. Plus the wife and kids think I'm weird as I have taken to wearing a mask for videos!
    What kind of mask?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28353
    IMC1980 said:
    axisus said:
    axisus said:
    What kind of mask?
    one that hides my ugly ageing mug!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6266

@axisus - the mask thing is very funny.

Vocals - I'm almost alright at singing, but I find I need an empty house to let it rip without restraint. Singing can make a lot of noise!

• IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 146
    axisus said:
    IMC1980 said:
    axisus said:
    axisus said:
    What kind of mask?
    one that hides my ugly ageing mug!
    Do you have link? I want to see this now. I am picturing a Mexican wrestler mask, don't let me down!