Cheap modeller, Pod X3 or...?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    crunchman said:
    I prefer the XT to the X3.  I had an XT and sold it to get an X3 when the X3 came out.  I preferred the sounds on the XT.  The X3 just sounded fizzy to me.  The X3 does have some advantages (I think it has bass amp models that the XT doesn't), but for guitar I preferred the sounds in the XT.
    I found the eq more tuneable on the X3, even though you’re essentially adjusting the same frequencies. The X3 models have more gain but it’s easily dialled out 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12694
    ICBM said:
     I remember correctly the original batteries :).
    Hah! They were utter crap, even when new! I remember salvaging a load from a destroyed shipment of PPs and being astonished as to how quickly they could be drained.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12694
    crunchman said:
    I prefer the XT to the X3.  I had an XT and sold it to get an X3 when the X3 came out.  I preferred the sounds on the XT.  The X3 just sounded fizzy to me.  The X3 does have some advantages (I think it has bass amp models that the XT doesn't), but for guitar I preferred the sounds in the XT.
    THIS.

The X3 was overcomplicated too, IMHO. It did a lot of things (including vocal processing) and as a result the UI was clunky compared to the XT.
    Although the modelling was "the same" (ho ho) there was a different AD/DA converter IIRC and it didn't sound quite as full to my ears. Perhaps our headphones were the wrong impedence, though... ;-)

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1703
    impmann said:
    crunchman said:
    THIS.

The X3 was overcomplicated too, IMHO. It did a lot of things (including vocal processing) and as a result the UI was clunky compared to the XT.
    Although the modelling was "the same" (ho ho) there was a different AD/DA converter IIRC and it didn't sound quite as full to my ears. Perhaps our headphones were the wrong impedence, though... ;-)

.. and to add my 2c.. I preferred the Pod V2 to the XT, same reason, too fizzy ;-)
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    impmann said:
    crunchman said:
    THIS.

.. and to add my 2c.. I preferred the Pod V2 to the XT, same reason, too fizzy ;-)
    2nd'd i like pod 2 sounds and the amps based on them (valve, spider ii etc).  If a modeller is fizzy a LPF often helps tune that out.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72786
    impmann said:
    ICBM said:
     I remember correctly the original batteries :).
    Hah! They were utter crap, even when new! I remember salvaging a load from a destroyed shipment of PPs and being astonished as to how quickly they could be drained.
    Yeah but they're still in their original packet and everything. Collector's item! Worth more unopened than opened and found to last five minutes ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    edited July 2018
    mr-mac said: N7
    impmann said:
    crunchman said:
    THIS.

2nd'd i like pod 2 sounds and the amps based on them (valve, spider ii etc).  If a modeller is fizzy a LPF often helps tune that out.
    And third'd. 

And appologies for the fat-fingered lol.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7278
    I picked up a Zoom R8 multi track recorder for around £100 s/h. I havent even got round to work out how to record on it yet but the presets sounds are so good that I've used used the line out straight into my Yamaha THR100 and been really pleased with the results. Its got about 50 presets that can be tweaked, acoustic sims, bass sounds the lot
  • Pod v2 all the way. Slo model and a bit of delay. Magic! Still using my helix to sound like a pod lol
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4162
    Zoom G3 sounds great through headphones - especially if you add the "Air" effects block.

• mbembe Frets: 1840
    I bought a Line 6 Pod X3 recently for less than £100 on ebay. It's certainly not lacking anything to my ears and is money well spent.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I'm selling a Zoom G1XON for £40, if you're interested.  It's really good for the money - I'm not just saying that, but I do think Zoom stuff does sound good for the relatively little money they charge.