Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Boss Waza Craft Pedal =- Metal and Chorus inspired.....

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12671
    Well, I’m excited.

I can’t stand Boss Chorus (or Flanger for that matter) but adore the Dimension. It will be great to buy a new one - having bought some tired classic Boss pedals over time that don’t quite sound right (component drift) when compared to a “golden” original, the chance of buying something that takes the lottery out of that appeals massively.

Just as an aside, TPS has recently made a big thing about new boards for Mick and Dan - and one for ex-PGS Andy. On Dan’s board... a Boss DSD2 - time for a reissue? On the cards? Especially as the TPS guys were recently at Boss’s HQ...

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 952
    impmann said:
    Well, I’m excited.

I can’t stand Boss Chorus (or Flanger for that matter) but adore the Dimension. It will be great to buy a new one - having bought some tired classic Boss pedals over time that don’t quite sound right (component drift) when compared to a “golden” original, the chance of buying something that takes the lottery out of that appeals massively.

Just as an aside, TPS has recently made a big thing about new boards for Mick and Dan - and one for ex-PGS Andy. On Dan’s board... a Boss DSD2 - time for a reissue? On the cards? Especially as the TPS guys were recently at Boss’s HQ...

I regret selling my DSD-2. I might have to buy it back from my friend. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3319
    edited October 2018
    Sessioner and Go West, Kate bush and Level 42 guitarist, the late, great Alan Murphy, used the rack version Dimension D, and that's also in the pedal at a flick of a switch.
    I've got some of these settings in my Zoom MS-70 CDR and they're less intrusive than a Chorus
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    Kebabkid said:
    Sessioner and Go West, Kate bush and Level 42 guitarist, the late, great Alan Murphy, used the rack version Dimension D, and that's also in the pedal at a flick of a switch.
    I've got some of these settings in my Zoom MS-70 CDR and they're less intrusive than a Chorus
    The Dimension D was the ‘secret sauce’ on the guitar sound on the first SRV albums and on his Bowie sessions. Steve Stevens on the Billy Idol hits as well. Although used for its stereo effect so not sure how effective that would be into a single guitar amp. 
    If you look up the DimensionC you always end up with Gary Moore, a staple part of his 80s rock tone. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Genius

12reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    ICBM said:
    Am I the only Boss fan who doesn't really get the DC-2? It's nice and all that, but just a bit... meh. It sounds like studio chorus more than a guitar pedal.
    As someone that doesn't particularly rate the sound of Boss pedals I think you are one of the only people that doesn't get the DC-2. Its one of the few chorus(ish) pedals that dont sound like cheesy 80s wank
    The DC-2 is awesome
    It sounds fucking huge frankly
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    Samgb said:
    ICBM said:
    Am I the only Boss fan who doesn't really get the DC-2? It's nice and all that, but just a bit... meh. It sounds like studio chorus more than a guitar pedal.
    As someone that doesn't particularly rate the sound of Boss pedals I think you are one of the only people that doesn't get the DC-2. Its one of the few chorus(ish) pedals that dont sound like cheesy 80s wank
    The DC-2 is awesome
    It sounds fucking huge frankly
    On the MD500. Its the best sound in the box.  
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72571
    Sporky said:
    ICBM said:
    Am I the only Boss fan who doesn't really get the DC-2? 
    Quite possibly.

It's the only chorus I like.
    impmann said:

I can’t stand Boss Chorus (or Flanger for that matter) but adore the Dimension.
    Ah... I understand now. It's a chorus for people who don't like chorus, and I do like chorus so I don't like it .

(And I love the BF-2 as well .)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    Sporky said:
    ICBM said:
    Quite possibly.

impmann said:

Ah... I understand now. It's a chorus for people who don't like chorus, and I do like chorus so I don't like it .

You have bad ears :-p
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    ICBM said:
    Sporky said:
    ICBM said:
    Quite possibly.

impmann said:

You have bad ears :-p
    Think that scruffy depress-nik Robert Smith is a BF2 user?

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1622
    Anyone come by a new Dimension C yet? 

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11626
    tFB Trader
    Pete Thorn's demo is great - especially with the Billy Idol Flesh for Fantasy section

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• JohnPerry said:
    Anyone come by a new Dimension C yet? 
    I have one on order from Coda. I had an original one in the 80s that I stupidly sold and I've used the Dimension D in the studio many times. It'll be interesting to see how close the one I use in the FX8 and AX8 actually is to the real thing.