Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Rival Sons

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    Saw them last night in Glasgow. What a brilliant gig all round. The support band, The Sheepdogs, were absolutely brilliant. Never heard of them before but they were superb. I’m going to have to check their albums out now. Some kind of Eagles / Allman Bros / Skynyrd / classic rock meets blues type thing going on. Maybe not the most original, but they were first class and I loved the way they worked the songs between the guitarists.

Rival Sons were great, really slick and they sounded so good from start to finish. The octave fuzz thing is just fantastic and the singer really has a unique and engaging voice and style. The sound out in the crowd for both bands was as good as you’ll ever hear I’m sure, the Barrowland just seems to be that kind of venue where it’s always great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12500
    munckee said:
    I only heard them recently seem good. Great cover of wild horses on YouTube. 
    Having a proper listen to them this morning while making a pre rugby smoked haddock chowder. Sound fantastic remind me a little of led zep bit without the singers voice making me want to drill my ear drums out. 
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4686
    edited February 2019
    What did their set time run too @andyp ;;

gotta make the last train back home at 11 
  • Sheepdogs are really bloody good 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sorry @mikeyrob73 I just saw this. They played 9:15 to 10:45ish I think.

Loved the Sheepdogs!
  • Helluva gig 
    more to follow when I’m soberish 
    Jeez, you must've been tanked... you still sobering up? It's past lunchtime and no update. :)
  • I've got 2 tix for London tomorrow if anyone is interested? 
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • @andyp ;
    sorry been a busy day
    tremendous live band, Jays voice is just as good live, Scott Holiday is amazingly cool. Great set list. Really good live act, if you get a chance to see them grab it 
    Yeah, absolutely agree with that!

:)

• My Mrs reckons I have a “man crush” on Scott 

i dont but he does look unbelievably cool with that white and gold Firebird 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7000
    They were superb last night in Birmingham- Shooting Stars is a great encore song! I noticed they needed a keys player to cover some of the synth style guitar parts, which helps keep the musical complexity live. Mike Miley is an awesome drummer!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Rubbish anecdote time...

After I went to see them in Newcastle on Thursday night I went down with the Mrs for a cheeky little weekend away in Manchester. Upon checking into the hotel on Saturday there was a guy having a coffee that looked uncannily like Scott Holiday - perfectly coiffed hair, elaborately curled tache, and super cool clobber.

It then twigged that they were actually playing in Manchester that night, and it was indeed the man himself! I resisted the urge to go all 'fanboy' and bug him while he was having a chill with his other half. Strange coincidence though!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7000

Rubbish anecdote time...

After I went to see them in Newcastle on Thursday night I went down with the Mrs for a cheeky little weekend away in Manchester. Upon checking into the hotel on Saturday there was a guy having a coffee that looked uncannily like Scott Holiday - perfectly coiffed hair, elaborately curled tache, and super cool clobber.

It then twigged that they were actually playing in Manchester that night, and it was indeed the man himself! I resisted the urge to go all 'fanboy' and bug him while he was having a chill with his other half. Strange coincidence though!

Wow. Does he wear shades all the time? I’m wondering if he needs glasses and the shades are prescription jobbies. Or is that how he hopes not to get recognised - just remove shades to be incognito!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Rubbish anecdote time...

great restraint showed @Dontgiveupyourdayjob ;

I have to say, if he was sitting there and I'd been at one of their shows recently I would've had to go and say thanks and tell him how awesome it was. I know that's probably not cool though, in either sense of the word.

He took his shades off part way through the gig in Glasgow, he looked pretty different.

I watched his Rig Rundown again last night (only the second time I've seen it) and he came across as a really nice guy.
  • mrkb said:

Rubbish anecdote time...

Wow. Does he wear shades all the time? I’m wondering if he needs glasses and the shades are prescription jobbies. Or is that how he hopes not to get recognised - just remove shades to be incognito!!
    He didn't even wear shades at all throughout the Newcastle gig! Was quite shocked to be honest, never seen him without them.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom