Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Analogue Delay Pedals?

What's Hot

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 31087
    One of my personal faves is the Skreddy Echo. Lush as.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dod rubberneck.
    It has a tone dial to make things super dark to super bright and everything in between.
    Big delay times and tap tempo too. Reasonable ma draw too
    Kinda wish I’d have got one of these when they were cheap at Thomann
  • Dod rubberneck.
    It has a tone dial to make things super dark to super bright and everything in between.
    Big delay times and tap tempo too. Reasonable ma draw too
    Kinda wish I’d have got one of these when they were cheap at Thomann
    Me too :anguished: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • agibboagibbo Frets: 102
    ...me three!!! Have they stopped making them as nowhere seems to have any in stock, hence my purchase of the Carbon Copy Deluxe!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7693
    feature of the rubberneck look fun and interesting - I'd never use them though. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Imho, the best analogue sounding pedals are;

- SIB Echodrive (the King)

- Seymour Duncan Vapour Trail

- Moog MF104m

- Skreddy Echo
    Imho, the best analogue sounding pedals are;

- Seymour Duncan Vapour Trail

had one - way too dark. 

I was leaning to analogue because I didn't want high power draw - not the darkest-of-dark sounds. Sound-wise tepe delays are my VERY favourites 
    Red ones are better. 
  • The Carbon Copy Deluxe sounds really beautiful. I liked the Bright mode especially.

Bye!

The Carbon Copy Deluxe sounds really beautiful. I liked the Bright mode especially.
    ooh - this is interesting - because you've had more delay pedals than I've had hot dinners so have a good benchmark, and I like the look of the feature-set. The original CC was a bit too gritty and dark for me, but if the bright mode is less so, then it could be a strong option - ta
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyO said:
    The Carbon Copy Deluxe sounds really beautiful. I liked the Bright mode especially.
    ooh - this is interesting - because you've had more delay pedals than I've had hot dinners so have a good benchmark, and I like the look of the feature-set. The original CC was a bit too gritty and dark for me, but if the bright mode is less so, then it could be a strong option - ta
    The things I disliked about it were the tap tempo giving squirrely pitchy artifacts, and no delay trails.

But it's a bit unfair to dislike an analog pedal because of those things. So far as I know, there are no analog delays that offer solutions to those.

The bright mode would easily do my style of high-pitch 'band-passed' sounding oscillation tone. You crank the feedback and it creates a nice musical tone, rather than a low end dirge.

Bye!

• TimmyO said:
    The things I disliked about it were the tap tempo giving squirrely pitchy artifacts, and no delay trails.

But it's a bit unfair to dislike an analog pedal because of those things. So far as I know, there are no analog delays that offer solutions to those.

I’m going to say the Rubberneck and the Sinvertek Fluid Time Mk ii both offer t(r)ails. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • There are a few analogue delays that offer trails.

The moogerfoogers and the rubberneck do
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • My moog 104m is pretty dark, but there’s one with brighter repeats..the 104z. Both amazing delays. 
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5199
    I’ve tried to like analogue delays, and have had a Skreddy echo and DM2 but I found I just prefer digital delay 
  • solarsolar Frets: 174
    The most tape-like analog delay I’ve heard is the Fairfield Meet Maude. It has a tone knob for the repeats, but it might still be too dark for you - I like dark, so hard to say how dark is too dark! Expensive too..
  • solarsolar Frets: 174
    Also the Skreddy Echo is digital. 
  • TimmyO said:

I’m going to say the Rubberneck and the Sinvertek Fluid Time Mk ii both offer t(r)ails. 

There are a few analogue delays that offer trails.

The moogerfoogers and the rubberneck do
    True enough, I'd forgotten about those.

Bye!

• I have a Rubberneck for sale.
  • My favourite will always be the Deluxe Memory Man.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Anyone compared the Supa Puss and the Carbon Copy Deluxe? 
    Red ones are better.