FX Loop on Peavey Deuce?

robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3463
I have my looper pedal (RC3) running through the FX Loop on my Deuce, I decided to play one of the pre recorded tracks so I switched it to play and it came out loud as hell, the first thing I did was reach for the amps volume control, neither pre or post gain volumes did anything. I always thought post gain was the power amps volume control? Is this not the case? Is the power amp not controlled by a volume knob? I had to shut the pedal down to shut it up! It works fine when recording guitar.
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3463
    Oh pants! sorry , wrong section! If you win this auction you have won a wheel nut!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72380
    Strictly speaking it's not an FX loop, it's a preamp out/power amp in insert point, and comes after all the controls. The power amp has no controls and is wide open all the time. This is normal on amps with separate master (post gain) controls for each channel and no overall master volume, since otherwise there couldn't easily be one loop for both channels without a lot of complex switching.

If you record the backing part with the RC-3 in the loop, it will come out at the right volume.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    robgilmo said:
    Oh pants! sorry , wrong section! If you win this auction you have won a wheel nut!
    It’s in the right section now. But of course as a long standing member you knew that you could have moved it yourself though, no?
    ICBM said:
    Strictly speaking it's not an FX loop, it's a preamp out/power amp in insert point, and comes after all the controls. The power amp has no controls and is wide open all the time. This is normal on amps with separate master (post gain) controls for each channel and no overall master volume, since otherwise there couldn't easily be one loop for both channels without a lot of complex switching.

If you record the backing part with the RC-3 in the loop, it will come out at the right volume.
    robgilmo said:
    It’s in the right section now. But of course as a long standing member you knew that you could have moved it yourself though, no?

cheers ICBM, threw me a little that did, I will keep an eye on anything with a volume I put through it.

Bridgehouse, No fella, I had no idea I could move stuff, I will have a look see if I can figure it out. 
    @robgilmo - click on the cog at the top right and you’ll be amazed at the power you have!
    Ha! Cool, thank you! My cape is in the wash but the power is all MINE!
    robgilmo said:
    Ha! Cool, thank you! My cape is in the wash but the power is all MINE!
    Careful - with power comes great responsi- responsa- respons- responsili-

Stuff.
    One Mill ion dollars! In used 20's!
    Otherwise my master plan will destroy New York!

robgilmo said:
    One Mill ion dollars! In used 20's!
    Otherwise my master plan will destroy New York!

Be-have!!!