Workshop refit didn't happen, it has now.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3903
    Do you make Les Pauls with Flame or quilted tops ?
    It doesn't need to be arched,it could be a flat top
    But  would like it to have a Gibson headstock shape,with crown inlays,and binding to the front body and neck
    Would it be possible for a quote for an arched and flattop version please.  :) 
    Careful, Grahame. I suspect this could be Mark Agnesi in disguise.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    tFB Trader
    But  would like it to have a Gibson headstock shape,with crown inlays,and binding to the front body and neck
    Lebarque said:
    Careful, Grahame. I suspect this could be Mark Agnesi in disguise.

You should know anyone who approaches me to make a Gibson style  guitar, copy the head stock design, put Gibson on the head stock instantly go on my blacklist.  

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

Another classic single cut body with a Roasted Maple neck with the Rosewood fingerboard, that was the only guitar made this week. I recommend to all my customers to do a dry build before applying any finish. The reason being if you do a dry build play the guitar for a few days you get to feel of the guitar to make sure everything's okay. Then if the guitar needs a few tweaks best be done before the finish is on. The customer of this guitar wants me to send it to Jonathan at Feline Guitars for once over and the dry build.

The weather was far too hot to stay in the workshop, but I did manage to prep a load of wood ready for next week.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3073
    Very nice!!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1602
    Grahame that looks excellent.  You've chosen some lovely woods there, love the headstock flame, thank you very much!

Yes it's on it's way to Jonathon for dry build and setup.  Last build I did I managed to snap a drill bit off in the headstock!  I was also nervous about drilling roasted maple.  I'm going to oil finish the neck and the body is going for painting - although it seems a shame to paint that lovely ash.  I'll do the re-assemble and electrics, hopefully including winding the pickups with Ash at Oilcity.

New guitars are a rare thing for me so very excited to see this.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    Grahame that looks excellent.  You've chosen some lovely woods there, love the headstock flame, thank you very much!

Yes it's on it's way to Jonathon for dry build and setup.  Last build I did I managed to snap a drill bit off in the headstock!  I was also nervous about drilling roasted maple.  I'm going to oil finish the neck and the body is going for painting - although it seems a shame to paint that lovely ash.  I'll do the re-assemble and electrics, hopefully including winding the pickups with Ash at Oilcity.

New guitars are a rare thing for me so very excited to see this.
    A sunburst or trans blonde would enhance the grain somewhat. Lovely looking wood.
  • Hi there Graham/GPS Basses,i wasn't asking you make a Gibson copy or fake Les paul
    I just wanted a price on a les paul looking guitar,not a  "a bit like a Les Paul" shape guitar.
    I wanted a sculptured heel, a reduced headstock angle, and if possible with a 3 piece lamanated neck too.
    But i wasn't given a chance to include the finer details of the spec
    These fetures aren't on original Gibsons 
    So blacklisting me, seems a little unfair.imho
    Snazzy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Bond123Bond123 Frets: 4
    Love the Telecasters but when are we going to see the solid rosewood Telecasters?
    tFB Trader
    Bond123 said:
    Love the Telecasters but when are we going to see the solid rosewood Telecasters?
    Soon

tFB Trader

It's been a busy week, did manage to almost finish a few guitars, but with the tennis and the World Cup cricket and being a wee bit on the hot side I did spend a lot of time in front of the telly.

The second photo is of 2 blocks very lightweight swamp ash, one of my trade customers is building 2 Strats that have got to be as light as possible as his customer got a dodgy back. But this order might not happen as the customer wants a Fender style 2 way rod (Bi- flex) installed in the necks.  I haven't been able to find a third party manufacturer who makes this style of rod. So either going to fit a modern style 2 way rod or a standard Fender single action rod.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom