Just the strangest coincidence..

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6124
edited July 2019 in Off Topic
The other day I was looking at the what3words website, looking at places that are important to me and what rthree words on their schema would identify the exact 3 metre locations.

Anyways,my  father died back in 2015 and I was looking at the location of where was buried. It is a plot in Eastleigh, near Southampton and was a beautiful shaded spot under some old beech trees. When I identified the location the what3words address gave for the 3 metre spot where my father's grave is the result was: under.this.gentle which as just the oddest thing given the randomness of how the words are dished out.

It perfectly describes, partly, the location.. wierd eh?
(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788

How about this one - a regular customer came to my house to pick up his guitar on Monday and I picked up the wrong case, so instead of a Strat I revealed a PRS SE.

I apologised saying "sorry, my Dad died yesterday morning so I'm a bit fuzzy-headed today" and he replied "so did mine"

We exchanged condolences and off he went.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    I'm afraid that you lost me at what3words
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    axisus said:
    Same here. I have no idea what's going on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2893
    Sassafras said:
    axisus said:
    Its a mapping application that gives every square meter spot on the plant a three work identifier.  Its supposed to be easier to remember, but it does depend on the three words.  My house is at dictation.impact.deep   hardly roles off the tongue

https://what3words.com/

• Sassafras said:
    axisus said:
    Its a mapping application that gives every square meter spot on the plant a three work identifier.  Its supposed to be easier to remember, but it does depend on the three words.  My house is at dictation.impact.deep   hardly roles off the tongue

https://what3words.com/

Worth keeping it on your phone because the emergency services use it to find people who don't know where they are also.
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075
    Worth keeping it on your phone because the emergency services use it to find people who don't know where they are also.

Really?

If you have mobile signal then the GPS will give you an exact location, I would have thought that would be better than "Help, I'm stuck at Piccalilli teacup sandstone".

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1773
    SNAKEBITE said:

Really?

If you have mobile signal then the GPS will give you an exact location, I would have thought that would be better than "Help, I'm stuck at Piccalilli teacup sandstone".

ooh the views from there are magical at this time of year 
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strange coincidence again.... My house is nurses.lively.????? And my wife is a nurse!! Crazy! 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pete624000pete624000 Frets: 74
    Mine is : Corporate-Jeering-Irony    WTF is that all about?
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Singapore address: bars photo debit
    UK address: nods planting ally
    Geneva address: tiling cook dial

I was probably expecting something more ironically meaningful.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    This is hilarious. My address is 

went.closet.splash

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    I live at soft.cock.fail
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24326
    Sassafras said:
    axisus said:
    You live in an empty field by the side of the runway at Bujumbura Airport, Burundi ??
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    OK - there's some weird shit going on here.  Either you're all giving random what3words addresses - or that website is shite.

Can anyone else confirm that thumpingrug's dictation.impact.deep is in a field in Burundi and Octatonic's Singapore address is under some trees by the side of a road, his UK address is a field in Southern Italy and his Geneva address is actually in a river ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Emp_Fab said:
    OK - there's some weird shit going on here.  Either you're all giving random what3words addresses - or that website is shite.

Can anyone else confirm that thumpingrug's dictation.impact.deep is in a field in Burundi and Octatonic's Singapore address is under some trees by the side of a road, his UK address is a field in Southern Italy and his Geneva address is actually in a river ?
    It's probably wise to give fake addresses just in case someone decides to dabble in a bit of online stalking. Unlikely, but you never know.  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    I went into London yesterday and had a go on a Geddy pedal, got chatting with a couple of folks in the shop and then I played the Aqualung riff and the chap said he'd seen them a couple of times.

I got home in the evening and turned on the telly and Sky Arts were playing a Jethro Tull documentary, followed by a Rush one!
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11903
    I've rented a LWB white van to liberate your gear collections this weekend ;-)
    Good luck with that.  You'll need the scuba gear for Octatonic's underwater lair in Geneva.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11903
    Emp_Fab said:
    Good luck with that.  You'll need the scuba gear for Octatonic's underwater lair in Geneva.
    seriously, some of them are real houses, I'd advise deleting those, chaps
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    Greetings from Prodigy. Soundest. Trims

Although when I try to search for that I can't find it. Anyway, if anyone understands it better than me that's where I think I am this evening. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.