DV247 order issues

What's Hot
brooombrooom Frets: 1175
edited August 2019 in Off Topic
I recently ordered two hardshell cases from DV247, paid with paypal.

Got no email confirming my purchase. Just know that the money left my account, as I can see it on the paypal dashboard.

Tried to contact them via email... no reply.

Today I get a notification from DPD stating they're delivering an item from DV247. I get home, there's one case, although I paid for two.

Unfortunately my wife signed for it, as she was unaware there was just one case in the cardbox.

Now what? Anyone had this sort of experience with them?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I had a very strange experience with them a few months ago.     Took. A few weeks for it all to arrive despite paying for next day.     No replies to email and a different story from each person I spoke to on the phone including an offer to cancel the order and sell me a b stock speaker for more than the original order.  

I suspect the other case will arrive in the next couple of days - I had a similar issue with bax where they split it into two parcels but only one tracking no so they had no idea where it was but it arrived a few days later.    

I’m sure PayPal will cover you if it doesn’t turn up though.   Good luck.  
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for the reply. I really don't have a couple of days as I have holidays coming. Will have to get paypal involved.
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    Have you phoned them? 01708 771991 obviously closed now but that should be your first port of call surely.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 291
    I agree with @King85 and would give them a call. I'd suggest doing this before getting PayPal involved to avoid complicating things if there is a simple explanation. Hope it works out well.
    Thanks, yes will try tomorrow to call.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Maybe they only had one in Romford and the other in Germany.. 

Tbh I've avoided them for a while now, mainly to do with their actual showroom being more disco stuff than guitars these days but also since the 'happening'. 

I know they can be cheaper I guess. 

Though I'm also sure it will get sorted for you, sooner or later.. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    A lot of people have had bad experiences with them - there's a lot of feedback from various people in my thread here:

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/127862/yet-another-awful-experience-with-dv247#latest

Whenever I called about order issues they just told me that they had to speak to Germany and never got back to me.
    I think that's what happened to me this morning. Called the UK store, the guy on the other line was super accessible. And explained that they were shipped in separate packages even though that made no sense to him, as they had both in stock.

However to give me a tracking/delivery estimate on the second package he would have to call germany (for whatever reason) as the system only allowed him to get one of both trackings (again don't know why).

He's supposed to call me back today, I'm not holding my breath though.

If I don't get the case by next week, will open a case with paypal.
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    They're legit, just slow because 90% of their stuff comes from Germany. You'll get the case.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Following orders from 'Germany' strikes an horribly familiar note.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11451
    They're legit, just slow because 90% of their stuff comes from Germany. You'll get the case.
    Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

Here's what I put in the other thread (linked by @johnl above):

They had a "prepacked" administration.  They closed on Saturday evening.  Staff at all the stores except the Romford one turned up to work on Monday morning to find themselves locked out.  Suppliers that were owed money never got it.  Meanwhile the existing management carried on in their jobs under the new owners. 

http://theeccentricblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013_05_01_archive.html

That talks about unpaid bills to suppliers of £3 million, plus staff not given their redundancy pay.

I have refused to buy anything from them since.  Even if the service was tip-top, and their prices were really good, I still wouldn't buy from them.  Given the original point of this thread, the level of service is another reason to avoid them like the plague.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    crunchman said:
    Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

Here's what I put in the other thread (linked by @johnl above):

They had a "prepacked" administration.  They closed on Saturday evening.  Staff at all the stores except the Romford one turned up to work on Monday morning to find themselves locked out.  Suppliers that were owed money never got it.  Meanwhile the existing management carried on in their jobs under the new owners. 

http://theeccentricblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013_05_01_archive.html

That talks about unpaid bills to suppliers of £3 million, plus staff not given their redundancy pay.

I have refused to buy anything from them since.  Even if the service was tip-top, and their prices were really good, I still wouldn't buy from them.  Given the original point of this thread, the level of service is another reason to avoid them like the plague.

Aye same here. 

Its exactly what happened to me too with my job in Hmv. 10.5 years service, turned up one Tuesday to find the store closed and no job. 

A month later and I find out online the stores been re opened, managers had his favourites back and hired 3 brand new people yet had the face to tell me 'he had no hours going so not everyone could come back when I managed to get in contact with him, as it was kept a 'secret'.  

Luckily as the company was in administration at the time I could claim a minimal redundancy from the government (which hilariously has fucked my tax code up still, a whopping 6 months later because the HMRC still want a non existant p45 from the insolvency service because they show my redundancy payments as 'employment'). 

But yeah, for the same reasons I'd never give them a penny or a good word for the rest of their limited days!
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    So the other case arrived today... as expected never heard back from them. The DPD guy who delivered it, couldn't care less as the first one had already been signed for, so instead of ringing the door (there was people at home) he just left it on the street. When I opened the door, there it was.

Although everything ended up ok, I'm definitely not buying from them in the future.

Thanks guys.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 992
    Hadn't realised these use DPD, or I'd not have ordered.  Due today, suddenly change to middle of next week...

No idea whether the unhelpful party is DPD or DV, either way not the customer service one gets from, say, Axerus - or even Amazon!