POISON - Life Goes On - Solo - Finally learnt my favourite solo from CC

What's Hot
When I was younger, this was my favourite solo from the Flesh & Blood album, I though CC was a hero for writing it.  However now I can play it, it's still challenging, but not nearly as tricky as I thought it would be when I set out to learn it.  Took me a few days of playing it over and over till my fingers got pretty sore, but overall I'm pleased I can play it now.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice work man It’s popular to bash CC but I think he is pretty damned good , looking at some of his solos they always seem to have a real fast passage in them at some point that seems to fast for me apart from every rose .Perhaps I will take another look soon 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4102
    Nice work man It’s popular to bash CC but I think he is pretty damned good , looking at some of his solos they always seem to have a real fast passage in them at some point that seems to fast for me apart from every rose .Perhaps I will take another look soon 
    Yeah I often wondered why he got so bashed, some of his phrasing,  melodies and playing is immense.   However when ever I watch any live footage he seems to forget all that and just try to fit in as many notes as possible without timing,  pitch or phrasing and I start to wonder.  Maybe he's just great in the studio? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    Nice work. I love CC, his more melodic solos like this one are actually really well constructed and have a fair amount of technique. Still got the Flesh and Blood tab book somewhere! The Nothin' But a Good Time video is partly responsible for me playing guitar....he had some wicked BC Rich guitars that I really, really wanted when I was 12 years old!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Really, really good. I need to practice more.

It's not a competition.
    I used to crave a bc rich warlock.  I think I still do actually lol. 

Practice makes perfect,  and sore finger tips..
    I used to crave a bc rich warlock.  I think I still do actually lol. 

Practice makes perfect,  and sore finger tips..
    I did get one....but it was before the internet and I ended up with a crap Bronze series with no locking trem  =) I do still keep a lookout for a nice 80’s NJ series, but what I really want is CC’s skull and crossbones model from that video. Beyond awesome.
    Like this

Like this

The very one. You ought to check out Tigertailz too if you don’t know them already...basically the Welsh version of Poison. Some mediocre stuff but one great album called Bezerk (and they also had some great BC Riches).
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited August 2019
    Great playing! I love a bit of Poison!
    Thanks man.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    As usual great stuff :)

Yeah I often wondered why he got so bashed, some of his phrasing,  melodies and playing is immense.   However when ever I watch any live footage he seems to forget all that and just try to fit in as many notes as possible without timing,  pitch or phrasing and I start to wonder.  Maybe he's just great in the studio? 
    I think that's just it...  He (they) always had substance issues while on the road, he was usually in no fit state to play and it's a testament to how good he is to how he managed to get through the shows..

Wasn't the final straw when he split from them when he played a whole song at an awards show but was so fucked up he didn't realise his guitar wasn't plugged in... :)

• LuttiS said:
    As usual great stuff :)

I think that's just it...  He (they) always had substance issues while on the road, he was usually in no fit state to play and it's a testament to how good he is to how he managed to get through the shows..

Wasn't the final straw when he split from them when he played a whole song at an awards show but was so fucked up he didn't realise his guitar wasn't plugged in... :)

IIRC CC did an interview for Guitar World where he talked about being deeply influenced by Robert Johnson and that kind of stuff. Rather than taking the line he's a coked up idiot let's put this in the bin the editors printed everything and he came across as a total prat. This is the days when a big guitar magazine interview got read and noticed. Plus all the shambling about on stage. 

However, reading his wiki page he seems to have done alright for himself since. 

I'm fairly sure I don't think about Poison much but surprising how many of their songs I can hum a bit of. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

Maybe the "Dr Midnight" LA session guys are he's just great in the studio? 

FTFY

:heart: Dann Huff :love:

:)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom