Flying in MP3's or wavs off a pedal

What's Hot
midiman1962midiman1962 Frets: 102
Hi
I want to add some extra bits to my live trio act ie intro's and outro's
I know this can be done off some of the TC Helicon Ilive Pedals using imported wav's.
is there anything more "budget" that will do the same job?
I know i could use an iPad but wanted something less intrusive that i can just "stomp on".
Any advice gratefully received as ever.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    Boss RC loopers - press to play as a one shot or loop - pc / mac to load - perhaps via usb stick too ? my rc 30 has upto 3 hrs but you'd have to research max loop length per storage space (99)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • midiman1962midiman1962 Frets: 102
    @JMP220478 thanks for that - i think an RC30 is more "budget friendly" than TC Helicon iLive - i'll do some more research...
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    YW - I think it may well be a slightly cheaper option too :-)
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    RC3 will do it too -- smaller and cheaper than the RC30
  • Have a look at a BakTrak pedal...

http://www.baktrakpedal.co.uk/

I've not used one personally but a pal of mine uses one with his band and swears by it.  
  • Have a look at a BakTrak pedal...

http://www.baktrakpedal.co.uk/

I've not used one personally but a pal of mine uses one with his band and swears by it.  
    I'm sure I'm missing something with this one, but either needing to bend down to switch tracks and stomping play with the footswitch, or having to hot the footswitch with your hands if you had it elevated for ease of access to change the tracks, seems a bit counter intuitive?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • I've just gone with the RC3 - will report back re suitability & usability
  • The RC3 is a great bit of kit, I'd owned the RC1 before but wanted to store some loops for using in the band. 

Having to change presets by hand (remembering to change preset before the song starts!) and keeping a note handy of what's stored where are the only downsides using it live with multiple samples stored. 

I use mine to trigger a sample in one song only but,  i also have the happy birthday song on there, some canned applause and the Benny Hill theme tune - especially great for when the bassist is late back, running on stage for the second set!

I used to use it for soundchecks and trigger a guitar riff/hook and walk around out front to listen while the guys played and vocals were checked. 

• exactly my use case hopefully -