Anyone else going Walrus?

What's Hot
JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 394
Have a Reverb fathom which is ace.
Dreaming of more Walrus and have entered the Guitarist mag competition for 3 pedals...
14th Oct...is the day of reckoning...
This company are so impressive.
Praise over...jon
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6686
    Goo goo g'joob. 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3872
    Admit it; you'd never heard of them before TPS! ;0)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BebopperBebopper Frets: 129
    I've had their ARP-87 delay for a few months and am really happy with it. Four quality delay types, tap tempo and a small form factor. Only gripe, and it's one I can live just fine with, is there's no time knob, so you can only set the time with tap tempo.
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3029
    edited October 2019
    Yes I have a Slo reverb and it’s excellent. Would like a Julia, Lillian and an Ironhorse. The TPS episode is good, they seem to be cool dudes, a small company passionate about their pedals. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9546
    I'd really like to like them... only tried the Slo Reverb thingy, but like others have reported elsewhere, mine did add a fair bit of noise to a couple of rigs I tried them sadly.
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    Bebopper said:
    I've had their ARP-87 delay for a few months and am really happy with it. Four quality delay types, tap tempo and a small form factor. Only gripe, and it's one I can live just fine with, is there's no time knob, so you can only set the time with tap tempo.
    This. It sounds great but i just find tap tempo so inaccurate on delays so in the end i moved it on. I did briefly consider flogging my DD-500 for the smaller pedal for this though. Thats how good it is. I swapped it for another of their pedals actually, the 385 Overdrive. The one based on a movie projector. It is also killer. The lo-fi/oilcan mode on the ARP87 is just lovely.
    Ive also had the Iron Horse.    
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    Never had any noise issues with any of those 3 pedals. Weird. i guess some pedals just don't play nice with some rigs?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27052
    I've had a Monument Trem for over a year. Great company making great pedals by all accounts
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 409
    I’ve had the Slo and Lilian for about 6 months, the Monument just turned up yesterday....not had much chance to play around with it yet. Aiming to have a walrus board going sometime soon. 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    The Slo is my current favourite reverb. No noise with mine but I know some of these pedals (especially ones from Old Blood Noise Endeavours) can add a bit of noise here and there. Earthquaker is another excellent independent company. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    I'm a big fan of the Monument, but I like to try and share the wealth among different pedal makers rather than having lots by one builder.

Unless they're called "Thorpy" or "Boss"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    I've been all about the LOLrus since it furst hit the Chzbrgers!

https://pics.awwmemes.com/cyberlolrus-sent-back-thru-time-to-get-mah-bukkit-original-48864999.png
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was very impressed with the Fathom reverb.
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220
    Got the all in one fathom and ARP-87 and bloody hell they are simple enough for me but sound absolutely amazing! They really are idea machines to me

• I love their products.  I've got their Fathom Reverb, Deep Six v3 Compressor, and I'm using their Phoenix Power Supply - which I have yet to mount under my board.  Still wrestling over how I want to do that safely/securely (along with an old  Pedal Power Plus 2, without adding too much weight to the overall board.  Need to build some sort of shim or something to get it blocked up right, to line up with the slots for the IEC cables.

• I love their products.  I've got their Fathom Reverb, Deep Six v3 Compressor, and I'm using their Phoenix Power Supply - which I have yet to mount under my board.  Still wrestling over how I want to do that safely/securely (along with an old  Pedal Power Plus 2, without adding too much weight to the overall board.  Need to build some sort of shim or something to get it blocked up right, to line up with the slots for the IEC cables.

This board is quite something! 
  • david57stratdavid57strat Frets: 21
    edited October 2019

I love their products.  I've got their Fathom Reverb, Deep Six v3 Compressor, and I'm using their Phoenix Power Supply - which I have yet to mount under my board.  Still wrestling over how I want to do that safely/securely (along with an old  Pedal Power Plus 2, without adding too much weight to the overall board.  Need to build some sort of shim or something to get it blocked up right, to line up with the slots for the IEC cables.

This board is quite something! 

Thank you kindly, brother.  After doing the rack equipment route for twenty plus years, with a minimal of pedals on the floor, I ended up gravitating back towards individual, dedicated pedals (and going back to the dreaded stompbox dance (until I can pick up a good switcher), for the sheer fun of manual tweaking of sounds, on the fly.  It's been a long process, but a worthwhile one. I started out by using rack mount case covers, as a makeshift "board", but realized that would never really work, if I needed or wanted to leave the house with the pedals; so I finally broke down and picked up a board and case, earlier this year.

• david57strat said:

Thank you kindly, brother.  After doing the rack equipment route for twenty plus years, with a minimal of pedals on the floor, I ended up gravitating back towards individual, dedicated pedals (and going back to the dreaded stompbox dance (until I can pick up a good switcher), for the sheer fun of manual tweaking of the sounds, on the fly.  It's been a long process, but a worthwhile one. I started out by using rack mount case covers, as a makeshift "board", but realized that would never really work, if I needed or wanted to leave the house with the pedals; so I finally broke down and picked up a board and case, earlier this year. 

Yeah, I hear that!