borrowed backline - Marshall 2525

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I nearly sold mine until I learnt how to dial it in and that’s not being critical to the OP, they are a pain at first.
    I’m glad I didn’t, it’s a great dirty sounding amp.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1389
    ICBM said:
    bbill335 said:

when you're a guest in someone else’s house, you kinda do as you're told. i think our engineer was more of a studio guy coz he quite confidently declared that the 5w setting should be enough and it most certainly wasn't
    I would definitely have asked to use the Hotrod if there was one there - I don't think it's rude to ask for something which will make things work better for everyone, if it's available.
    i did ask, but didn't argue very hard. we weren't the headliners and we got by with those marshalls, but i know for future that those amps just don't work for us. 
  • I’ve literally registered on this forum just to call the OP out.......

Mate I guess you’re a newbie guitarist that hasn’t learnt how to dial in a amp yet - I struggle to get a BAD sound out of a 2525 - and yes that includes the cleans !!!
    8reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Qwertymatt said: u
    I’ve literally registered on this forum just to call the OP out.......

Mate I guess you’re a newbie guitarist that hasn’t learnt how to dial in a amp yet - I struggle to get a BAD sound out of a 2525 - and yes that includes the cleans !!!
    hahahahahahahahahaha no
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1492
    I have an original 50w Jubilee and changed the speaker out to a Celestion Sidewinder back in the 80's when I got it.  It also has an older set of Groove Tube EL34's and 12AX7's in it.  I've gigged and recorded with it and had engineers tell me it was one of the best sounding amps they have heard.  I never really used it for a totally clean sound, as I had a Fender Princeton II with me for clean.  My godson got one after trying mine but his didn't have the same sound at all.  It had a V30 in it and I am convinced that the Sidewinder is a lot of the tone. 
    PhilKing said:
    I have an original 50w Jubilee and changed the speaker out to a Celestion Sidewinder back in the 80's when I got it.  It also has an older set of Groove Tube EL34's and 12AX7's in it.  I've gigged and recorded with it and had engineers tell me it was one of the best sounding amps they have heard.  I never really used it for a totally clean sound, as I had a Fender Princeton II with me for clean.  My godson got one after trying mine but his didn't have the same sound at all.  It had a V30 in it and I am convinced that the Sidewinder is a lot of the tone. 
    that's not the amp i'm talking about, it's the 20w/5w reissue. which apparently ships with a g12m?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1492
    I did realize that, but there were lots of references to the full size Silver Jubilee's sounding bad and I was answering that.  Not meaning to hijack your thread.
    A good old Internet forum case of YMMV :)
    Or YMUMV..... you make use of master volume 
    i'm not a complete rube, i know how to use an MV amp, but it is worth noting that i don't own an amp with a master volume control! should tell you the kind of amps i go for.

basically, my experience with these reissue 2525s is:

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335 said:
    A good old Internet forum case of YMMV :)
    Or YMUMV..... you make use of master volume 
    i'm not a complete rube, i know how to use an MV amp, but it is worth noting that i don't own an amp with a master volume control! should tell you the kind of amps i go for.

basically, my experience with these reissue 2525s is:

Sorry my attempt at humour wasn’t aimed at you and kudos for the Seinfeld reference :-)