SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Long shot before I buy a new pair - WTB 2 x Adam T7V

What's Hot
I’m going to end up buying 2 of these anyway but just in case I can snag a deal first...

Will need to be posted, unless you’re in the CAMBRIDGESHIRE area 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Why rv7?  Just asking.

I'd have thought 5" are better for most home scenarios.

Only mentioning it as I have some a5xs I'm thinking of upgrading and they may suit.
  • Why rv7?  Just asking.

I'd have thought 5" are better for most home scenarios.

Only mentioning it as I have some a5xs I'm thinking of upgrading and they may suit.
    Using them for practice with a Helix and the bigger speaker size provides a better response for guitar playing. Interesting on the A5X though... how much would you sell them for?
  • There is very little guitar content under 80 hz.  

I have used the a5xs with my axe-fx  for years with no sound problems.   I only added a sub when I started playing with synths, that can have some real low end.

Cost.  No idea at present.  I keep flirting with the idea of a osir af Neuman kh120s, and selling the Adams would prompt me to just do it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • There is very little guitar content under 80 hz.  

I have used the a5xs with my axe-fx  for years with no sound problems.   I only added a sub when I started playing with synths, that can have some real low end.

Cost.  No idea at present.  I keep flirting with the idea of a osir af Neuman kh120s, and selling the Adams would prompt me to just do it.
    If you decide to sell let me know, however I wont be looking to spend much, if any, more than a pair of T7V's cost new.
  • Have just checked peices.

New tv7 around 300 a pair, a5x about the same for a single.

Selling the pair of 5s for the same kind of price a new pair of TVs cost seens fair enough.

I'll give it a think.

• Just put my A5Xs up if your still interested.    Note the small potential problem though - but I can talk money if your not sorted and are interested.   

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/173603/fs-pair-of-adam-a5x-monitors#latest
  • Just put my A5Xs up if your still interested.    Note the small potential problem though - but I can talk money if your not sorted and are interested.   

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/173603/fs-pair-of-adam-a5x-monitors#latest
    I bought myself a pair of T7V new, thanks though 
  • Cool - how do you like them?

• Cool - how do you like them?

They’re great! Haven’t had much chance to fully put them through their paces but I checked a few mixes I did on my headphones from before I had monitors and they’ve resulted in better sounding mixed already