Good jazz standard melody book

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
can you recommend a very good Jazz standard chord melody song book?

You know the type...one with the little solo note links betwixt chords....an accompanying cd would be handy too

what ya got ?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'm not much of a chord melody guy, but I bought one book by Barry Galbraith just called "Guitar Solos" mainly for one song, his arrangement of "Round Midnight".  I learned that song but admit I never got round to the rest of the book: I did learn another of Barry's arrangements, "Last Night When We Were Young" but that isn't in the book, I found a transcription on the internet.

Both arrangements are very beautiful, especially Round Midnight which is longer and more complex - there are quite a few versions on Youtube if you dig around, will give you a flavour of whether it's something you'd be interested in learning.  My not delving deeper isn't because of the quality of the other arrangements, it's just that the chord melody stuff isn't usually high in my list of stuff I want to learn.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14273
    tFB Trader
    I always use to use the 101 hits for Buskers - Like Now that is what I call music, there are loads of editions - You have the dots + chords for a host of classics - Good sketch pad for many songs but not the finished article
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Are those 'Real Book' series any good?  there's some tab versions, I believe.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    Look for Frank Vignola on Truefire