Fender wtf is this??? 2 grand!

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14556
    tFB Trader
    WezV said:
    ICBM said:
    This is what happens when a company runs out of original ideas and new customers.

The sound of the bottom of a barrel being scraped.
    IFender are probably seeing loads of people going mad for these sorts of hybrids on forums and Instagram.   

Loads of smaller builders and hobbyists have been doing this sort of thing for a while.   The difference is, it's the sort of thing that works as a one off for a particular player.   It doesn't mean there should be an actual factory run of the things

agree with both of you - wise words - I see it as the type of guitar that for most of us would use occasionally and hence at best it should be just part of a collection if you had nothing left to buy - I see few, if any, wanting to buy such a guitar as there main guitar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3500
    ICBM said:
    This is what happens when a company runs out of original ideas and new customers.

They have a new body shape which came out on a Custom Shop but in the video below it's one of the worst sounding Fenders I've come across, costing a cool £8k (before tax).

• I'd have that! Nice! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1178
    edited April 2020
    ICBM said:

They have a new body shape which came out on a Custom Shop but in the video below it's one of the worst sounding Fenders I've come across, costing a cool £8k (before tax).

This is fender going after the look that Ronin guitars had. I also like them, but not the price.
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 473
    I quite like it although I’d never pay that sort of price for one. I’ve always liked the Jazzmaster tone but never been that keen on the body shape. It would be interesting to hear one , as it has the Jazzmaster pickups, bridge and tremolo unit it probably sounds like the real thing.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10366
    It's a the Parallel Universe range. 

It's meant to be weird and quirky and for those who want something different. But £2k is optimistic. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3500
    brooom said:
    This is fender going after the look that Ronin guitars had. I also like them, but not the price.

I don't mind the body shape, it's kind of Strat/Offset of sorts, quite inoffensive but even a baritone with Gold Foils shouldn't sound as flat and muddy as that guitar. To my ears anyway it sounded awful.

Back to the Jazz Strat, I have no problems with it, I think it doesn't sound too bad in the video.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11396
    Given that Fender seems to now spend much of its time blindfolding staff, getting them to dip into the various parts bins and assembling them into guitars we can no doubt look forward to the new Neckcaster, comprised of two necks bolted together. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8209
    Fender Marketing Team:

"Here are some Strats and Teles" - boooooo, make something different.

"Here are some different ideas" - booooooo, make some Strats and Teles.

"Here is an amalgam of two of our guitars" - booooooo, we don't like them.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9474
    £800 in a clearance near you on Black Friday
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1391
    i dig it
    Lose the shit trem and put a TOM on it...

Then I'd like it.
    as if a TOM was ever an improvement on anything lmao
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4209
    Slap a Mastery Bridge on it and it’d be perfect :)
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 778
    I do like the style, but would never buy one.  One of the Jazzmasters best assets is how comfortable it is to play, so they basically made a very expensive and slightly more uncomfortable Jazzmaster.

I believe these limited runs generally sell out though, I would imagine this one will.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1005
    I quite like the look of that, but would spend my money elsewhere tbh. Way overpriced imo.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72843
    Hattigol said:
    Fender Marketing Team:

"Here are some Strats and Teles" - boooooo, make something different.

"Here are some different ideas" - booooooo, make some Strats and Teles.

"Here is an amalgam of two of our guitars" - booooooo, we don't like them.
    The single biggest thing Fender could do to increase demand is *reduce* the number of models but *increase* the number of options, without requiring you to go to the Custom Shop. Like for a start, offering all colours on all models. It isn't rocket science, car manufacturers manage that perfectly well in a mass-production environment.

Whether that's what they want to do given that driving people to the Custom Shop is likely to increase profit margins, I'm not sure.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I've seen worse, but though I quite like the colour, the pickguard would be better without the piping, and 1800 quid is a bit much, imo.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • I like it apart from the green stripes on the scratchplate. Don't really see the point though, a Jazzmaster already has a contoured body already, as has been observed @Gerz6558 ;. The JM Jag trem is the best trem I've ever used & I could sort of see someone wanting that on a Strat.
    It's maybe the ideal guitar for some people & it will be a damn site easier to get a case for it when they're second hand.

Agree with @ICBM about offering more colour options. I also think they'd shift loads of Mex Standards if they offered them with a choice of pickups, perhaps that would cannibalise the US sales though. (They have actually offered some really nice colours on Mex standards in the past too, more interesting than some of the US range).
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8068
    I like it. Prefer my hot pink sparkle Jazzmaster though. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16242
    looks great......love the pinstripes,,,,,price Ridiculous
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14644
    Jazzmaster/Stratocaster hybrid body, in lurid colour, with block fretboard inlays = H7 signature model.

Anticipated worldwide demand = one.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom