Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fender Brent Mason Signature

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I seem to recall that on the original it isn't a cover but the pickup's flatwork which was made from some kind of resin embedded glass fibre?
    Nope, it's a plastic cover on the originals too and you could get black, white or burgundy but its a bar pickup with the bar showing through the cover rather than being all covered, you can see it in the pic.  I built a Brent Mason Tele' with the correct pickups (a 70's Gibson Deluxe mini hb etc), it the most versatile Tele' I own... so I built another with a maple neck.  I also have a PRS Brent Mason, the custom design pickups were so good that Paul used them on his own 'Pauls' guitar.   ... and yes, I've already got the new Brent Mason, it's a no brainer - a Joe Glaser Bender might be $650 (+11% state text) if you live in Nashville, but that's almost £1,000 if you live in the UK with shipping and import duty.

'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I also have a PRS Brent Mason, the custom design pickups were so good that Paul used them on his own 'Pauls' guitar.   ...
    Not sure on the accuracy of it, though I agree with the sentiment as they’re phenomenal pickups. The PRS BM and Paul’s Guitar were both released in 2013, a year later than the 408 which introduced that pickup design. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    I'm a huge Mason fan
    I have the PRS Brent Mason which is a truly fantastic guitar........it's what you get if you cross a DGT with a Silver Sky and is better and more useful than either .
    The ethos of the "ugly" Telecaster is that of a true working man's tool with massive adaptability irrespective of looks .It's the triumph of a real session monster's tool over a weekend warrior's case queen .I love it for that .
    A skilled cabinet maker isn't concerned about the aesthetics of the box he keeps his finest chisels in .
     The original was not a Fender......it was built by Valley Arts and the mini Humbucker was a Gibson.
    There's a good video of him talking about the guitar and demonstrating what it can do .......it was filmed about 10 years ago so it has nothing to do with Fender or this incarnation .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    I also have a PRS Brent Mason, the custom design pickups were so good that Paul used them on his own 'Pauls' guitar.   ...
    Not sure on the accuracy of it, though I agree with the sentiment as they’re phenomenal pickups. The PRS BM and Paul’s Guitar were both released in 2013, a year later than the 408 which introduced that pickup design. 
    Paul used the slightly hotter BM 408 windings  in his own Pauls Guitar, rather than the standard 408's

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom