Vocal Plugins

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    What you're looking for is a "channel strip" plugin. The one mentioned early on - the Scheps Omni - is a very good one. Very well designed to be a digital effect, not limited by having to be laid out like any hardware was like the emulated channel strips.

The EQ knobs have the very useful feature where you can click a button so you only hear the frequencies you're affecting which is great and especially when starting out.

The compressor can be chosen between different styles, FET like an 1176, Optical like an LA2A and VCA like an SSL.

The distortion is added to taste separately rather than being an emulated by-product of old hardware.

So yes, highly recommend this plugin.

After all that, I don't actually use it much because like someone else says I have other plugins for each task that I prefer. But if I had to start out again with only one plugin it would be this one.

P.S. I haven't read through all the replies so don't know if what I've said has already been said or whatever. I recently found a new Waves plugin called Ovox which I'm seriously considering buying. I can't explain what it does but it's crazy shit and when I started out 18 years ago and plugins were just becoming a thing really, I never imagined there would be something like this! There's a preset that turns a plain vocal line in to a full Daft Punk song on its own lol.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Waves vocal rider is good. Useful for automating the gain of a vocal track... use it on the main track and send the vocal to a bus with your compressor on it... stops the compressor working too hard!...

of course if you’ve recorded an already compressed vocal it’s not much use :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom