Sofas

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    The Tetrad factory shop in Preston is very good, we got a leather corner suite there 10 years ago and it’s still like new. I think it’s only open on Fridays. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    Nitefly said:
    Interesting experiences with DFS. 

We bought a 3 and a 2 seater sofa about 25 years ago, and they lasted really well, all through our kids' teenage years. 

When we wanted new ones about 6 years ago, we went back to DFS.  Big mistake.  Quality has gone right down.

We'll be looking again soon, and they won't be on our list.

We have had a similar experience . Bought a leather 3 seater and two seater about 27 years ago. Paid around £2k . I gave it to my mate about 15 years ago and its still going and looks pretty tidy. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17625
    tFB Trader
    Has anyone got much experience of the higher end Ikea sofas 

I'm pondering buying one of these:

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/lidhult-3-seat-sofa-bed-with-chaise-longue-lejde-grey-black-s89266096/

My requirement is for something which is both 3 seater and a sofabed so the options are limited.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7329
    ronnyb said:
    The Tetrad factory shop in Preston is very good, we got a leather corner suite there 10 years ago and it’s still like new. I think it’s only open on Fridays. 
    Well it will be like new if you only sit on it Fridays.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I’ll quickly hijack the thread if that’s ok and ask if anyone has any recommendations for a good three seater sofa bed that is actually comfortable to sit on for long periods of time within a maximum budget of £500? Not asking for much am I!  :3
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    buy from a local family firm, and you will likely get better quality and service. Also get made in UK where possible, IMO, better all round in terms of environment, and you are putting money back into UK. 
    Similar story, the stuff we got years ago, from a local furniture place is still going strong.

Natuzzi make good kit, we've got one of their corner sofas, great bit of stuff it is.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Snap said:
     get made in UK where possible, IMO, better all round in terms of environment, and you are putting money back into UK. 

Natuzzi make good kit, we've got one of their corner sofas, great bit of stuff it is.

Ahhh... Natuzzi Italia... that well-known UK based manufacturer!  ;-)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17625
    tFB Trader
    zepp76 said:
    I’ll quickly hijack the thread if that’s ok and ask if anyone has any recommendations for a good three seater sofa bed that is actually comfortable to sit on for long periods of time within a maximum budget of £500? Not asking for much am I!  :3

That's pretty much what I'm looking for, but you are probably looking at double that.
    SofaSofa have this which you can add a 1 seat extension to: https://sofasofa.co.uk/products/elton-sofabed-unit-victoria-slate

Similarly you can build a modular ikea sofa like that, but it will be about £1k

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    Some useful information on here. Now, before I explode:

SETTEE!!!SETTEE!!!SETTEEEEEEEE!!!

Ahh, that's better. As you am bab.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Snap said:
     get made in UK where possible, IMO, better all round in terms of environment, and you are putting money back into UK. 

Ahhh... Natuzzi Italia... that well-known UK based manufacturer!  ;-)

ha, yes, got me there. In my defence, it was bought from an independent UK owned family business. Erm.........
    (spouting off as usual ..)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11451
    We've got an Ikea one that we have had for several years and is doing alright.  It was higher up the range - not one of their really cheap ones.  They don't mess you around trying to force to take finance at a ruinious interest rate, which is nice.