WENT TO FELINE GUITARS YESTERDAY

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    What Fantastic Playing.....yet I find it interesting. i look at the wonderment of techniques & teaching aids on Youtube etc. Yet when I last gigged, aside from Metal guitarists. Most of the Indie types I came across were pretty mediocre players. It left me feeling quite sad. There are some great young players out there, but I wish some of the ones with 70s Telecaster Deluxe s & Toni & Guy haircuts would up their game. Anyway Grumpy old man rant over, I must go & see Mr Feline my Kotzen needs a 100,000 note service & its time I ordered myself a Lion .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4169
    I agree with Jeztone, have a wisdom. It's so easy for beginners nowadays. Love the first video not too keen on other that's been posted as it sounds to me like any other shred player, like politicians they say a lot of words but don't actually say anything!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah I posted it somewhere in the music section a few months back.
    Old Is Gold
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    This is really nice. I get the impression she's started off classical and is doing the metal in part because there's more of an audience (and obviously has some interest in it too). Which is a shame, because like a few others I'm not so keen on the metal stuff. Though I suppose it's more listenable than most of the metal I've heard.
    Nice classical sound she's getting out of that rig too, or do people think she's using something different on the audio?
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10341
    She's cute.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Background info - according to Metal Archives, she's 25, Norwegian and her mother that the OP mentioned is her manager.

Great playing too, I've seen that vid and it's awesome.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31663
    I'm probably a lone voice in the wilderness here, but I thought that was incredibly naff. She's also not a patch on the other guy in terms of phrasing and expression.

Novelty, Disney-style shite sorry, the only cool bit was when she walked back around in front of him and you can see him willing himself not to stare at her arse.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26747
    p90fool said:
    I'm probably a lone voice in the wilderness here, but I thought that was incredibly naff. She's also not a patch on the other guy in terms of phrasing and expression.

Novelty, Disney-style shite sorry, the only cool bit was when she walked back around in front of him and you can see him willing himself not to stare at her arse.

I don't think it was naff, I just wasn't that impressed with the playing - a lot of the stuff she plays is messy, and sounds very much like she's trying to play slightly beyond her speed limit. The sweeps in the first video and - weirdly, given that it's so slow - the tapping in the second video. Unfortunately, those are things that I just can't get past and they totally distract me from what's actually going on.

Oh, and that guitar's disgusting ;)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

musically NOT MY TASTE AT ALL, BUT I'm NOT GOING TO KNOCK IT.

A very talented guitarist who seems to be able to cover a range of styles and who is way more talented than I will ever be.

Plus she is rather pleasing on the eye, not that that should make any difference! 

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26747
    SNAKEBITE said:

Plus she is rather pleasing on the eye, not that that should make any difference! 

I tend to try to listen to videos like these blind - if I'm going to decide whether I like it or not, I want to do so without the temptation to make false allowances for the gender of the player. Thing is, CiC's usual genre should make her playing more appealing to me than when Jess Lewis gets going, but I can't help feeling that I'd rather listen to Jess playing because there are very rarely any fluffs or messy bits to distract my ears.
    <space for hire>
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31663
    SNAKEBITE said:
    It still does though unfortunately. Nobody is talking about the guy she's playing with, who's obviously a musician in a different league to her.
    But hey, it's pop music, we've all heard pro backing singers who can run rings around the star, they just don't have the same "front", and lets face it, sex sells.

• lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3349
    She reminded me a lot playing wise as well as looks, of Anna Calvi but lacked Annas phrasing. Pretty cool though
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28342
    Yeah, I have to admit, I'm a red blooded male so a young woman playing guitar is always going to grab my attention on a video, but the guy was actually rather superb. I really liked those fingerpicked fast runs - very impressive indeed. 

+1 on horrible guitar as well! Not my thing at all. Still, if she likes it and the associated image then fine.
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075
    p90fool said:
    SNAKEBITE said:
    It still does though unfortunately. Nobody is talking about the guy she's playing with, who's obviously a musician in a different league to her.
    But hey, it's pop music, we've all heard pro backing singers who can run rings around the star, they just don't have the same "front", and lets face it, sex sells.

I agree.

It's hard to say what you mean without coming all over "That's a good guitarist... for a girl". She is an excellent player in her own right, but looking at the video you have to admit that she is playing on what nature gave her, she struts around whilst the bloke (who let's face it won't win a Sane McGowan look alike contest) just sits there.

And I hope that came out the right way as well, It was not a criticism, just an observation and I in no way hold it against her.

You shouldn't judge a player on the "sexiness factor", which is just as well really as I would shit out all round :)

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1207
    Reminds me of the Wonga advert.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27232
    I have to be honest and say I thought it was a bit dull. That kind of music just does nothing for me.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5073
    rossi said: You mean play strats? I just look at them and sigh ....ahh. Just like I did when I saw my first real one in a shop window.The window probably still has the teeth marks.
    Was Suarez with you at the time...?   :-S
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17670
    tFB Trader
    I thought it was a great performance, but the music didn't do a lot for me.