New Player Jazzmaster Limited Editions...Uh-Oh!

What's Hot
https://www.andertons.co.uk/fender-limited-edition-player-jazzmaster-black-matching-headstock

I like this Black one, not keen on the Green Olive one though.

Only slight niggle is the 4 way switch and lack of rhythm circuit, but everything else looks cock on and you can't tell the nasty plastic plug is there due to the Painted Headstock (which I quite like). Proper J.M Pick Ups as well, unlike the regular Player ones.

I'd have to Oil the board as well to try make it slightly darker.

I have an urge to spend, Uh-Oh!
Only a Fool Would Say That.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1561
    edited October 2021
    Ooh - that’s nice. Definitely the black and not the olive though (yuk - every chance they will be in a sale sometime soon).

Never liked the regular Player Jazzmaster - the splitting humbucker just doesn’t work for me (nor in the Jaguar).

But with those pickups, four way switch and headstock, they may have something. Although I do remember the version I tried a couple of years back was quite heavy…
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Rhythm circuit or GTFO.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    I'm tempted and I really like olive green!

But it's I guess a 550 ish guitar with better pickups 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    Nah, I want one of these!

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Not a fan of the positioning of the toggle on the lower on the trad JM layout, I found it was quite prone to getting switched accidentally when playing sitting down
  • octatonic said:
    Rhythm circuit or GTFO.
    It's routed to have one fitted if you should choose to. Bit of a Faff of you're not a tech and not sure how much that would cost. I would prefer the regular 3 way toggle too.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • I like that olive green one..

Had an olive green mustang recently, which looked fantastic in the flesh, just not for me playability wise. 
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    That blade switch gotta go. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Seems like a good idea. Those humbucker Players never appealed. I'd have the black one if it had the rhythm circuit and lost the blade switch. Also without the matching headstock. But apart from that it's great! 
    Link to my trading feedback
    Seems like a good idea. Those humbucker Players never appealed. I'd have the black one if it had the rhythm circuit and lost the blade switch. Also without the matching headstock. But apart from that it's great! 
    So essentially not that guitar? :lol: 

• Looks good. Blade switch seems a bit arbitrary, toggle is fine, but all this 'no rhythm circuit' moaning is a bit daft. It's useful in an incredibly limited range of scenarios and adds cost. A jazzmaster is pickups, body style and trem. Rhythm circuit or pot values are just seasoning. 

Wish they'd use rosewood again though.  
  • Re the 4-way switch, wouldn't t be better to have the series option in position 1 or 4 and not position 2 otherwise you'll get a volume jump as you pass through position 2 on the way to 1 or 3?

• octatonic said:
    Rhythm circuit or GTFO.
    That's why I put a pair of those PV 65 pickups in a Squier VM Jazzmaster. Next I'm swapping out the pots and switches.
  • octatonic said:
    Rhythm circuit or GTFO.
    That's why I put a pair of those PV 65 pickups in a Squier VM Jazzmaster. Next I'm swapping out the pots and switches.
    Have you got some recordings of where you'd use it? As in, a band setting not just home noodling?

No idea why you'd get a lower quality instrument so you could have the neck pickup routed through a volume pot with far too big a range and tone pot that goes from extremely dark to unusable. Willing to be proven wrong though. There's a good chance this player model is already routed for it anyway and just needs a new pickguard.  

I used it as a preset for an ebow the couple of times I used one at a gig. Have disabled it on my JM now though. Anyone else have a use case?
    edited October 2021
    I use it for a killswitch on my JM. That's about it. Also can do weird stuff when used with certain fuzzes. 
  • dandldandl Frets: 36
    Im another for the "needs a rhythm circuit" gang.

I like the rhythm circuit when used with an octave fuzz. Quick flip of the switch to the rhythm setting and with the tone rolled off and volume back a bit  the octaves really start jumping out.
  • I’m most offended by the fingerboards to be honest. I know it’s been done to death, but it just looks wrong. 
  • I’m most offended by the fingerboards to be honest. I know it’s been done to death, but it just looks wrong. 
    But it is a more player friendly radius and finally 22 frets

You never know, in another 10 years they might finally address that bridge too

I have to say it though, that blade switch sucks balls
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • If it’s using the same bodies as the CME ones, which I suspect it is, they’re already routed for the rhythm circuit. 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    If it’s using the same bodies as the CME ones, which I suspect it is, they’re already routed for the rhythm circuit. 
    Anderton’s and CME are jointly ordering this stuff now. Guess they get a better deal from Fender…