SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

On hold: The Bass Centre - Jive Bass - £150

What's Hot
grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1343
edited June 2022 in Basses £
Bought this about 5 years ago. Played it for about 5 hours! I'll never be a bass player and I need the space.

Photos will follow this weekend but it's Sunburst relic'd finish. Relic work is crap and I have no idea what possessed me to buy that finish. Hey ho - we were all young(er) once..

This is the model without the crap relic'ing..

https://www.basscentre.com/bass-collection-jive-bass/bass-collection-jive-bass-solar-flare.html

Here's my order confirmation for any doubters of provenance of such a fine instrument;

BC-JIVE-LIVE-SF    1    "Bass Collection Jive Live - Solar Flare" 
Model Style: Jive 2014 (with Babicz FCH Bridge) 

For your records, the details of your order are confirmed as follows: 

Order Number:    PO5193
Date:    7 Aug 2017
Payment Method:    Credit Card
Delivery Method:    FREE UK Shipping On All Bass Centre Products
VAT:    
Total:    

£150 PPG or Bank Transfer.

Collect from Herts or can meet within reason as I get around the country a fair bit..

Si
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ValleyPro89ValleyPro89 Frets: 62
    I may be interested! Please send me some photos when you can.
  • FatfumbsFatfumbs Frets: 4
    Bass Centre basses are excellent and play as well as or better than Mex Fenders
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    it's Sunburst relic'd finish. Relic work is crap and I have no idea what possessed me to buy that finish.
    I have no idea where a person could buy a Bass Centre Jive Bass with any sort of relicing to its finish.

Conclusion - it is a DIY attempt by either you or a previous owner. 

Patches of sanded away clear and colour coats can be remedied. Gouging with chisels, bicycle chains et cetera is more difficult.

Potential customers need to see what they are up against before committing to a purchase. Thus, the only way forward is to upload photographs.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1343
    it's Sunburst relic'd finish. Relic work is crap and I have no idea what possessed me to buy that finish.
    I have no idea where a person could buy a Bass Centre Jive Bass with any sort of relicing to its finish.

Possibly from the Bass Centre.. The Limited Edition Jive Live

https://m.facebook.com/thebasscentre/photos/a.605159596203749/899492713437101/?type=3&locale2=zh_CN

Conclusion - it is a DIY attempt by either you or a previous owner. 

Conclusion - you have no idea what you are talking about..

Potential customers need to see what they are up against before committing to a purchase. Thus, the only way forward is to upload photographs.
    Potential customers are free to choose what they want to do.. some of them may have reached out for more information, some of them may be waiting for me to pack it for delivery..

This site is mostly populated by nice folks but as in all walks of life sometimes..

I'll report your post as it contravenes forum rules around comments on for sale posts.

Have a good one.

Thanks,

Si
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8713

I'll report your post as it contravenes forum rules around comments on for sale posts.
    While you’re at it could you report the thread for contravening rule 3 by not having pictures: 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2022
    I’ll turn myself in..  Done..

On hold..
    I've also added my order confirmation as provenance is everything - lol :)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    grappagreen said: 
    Conclusion - you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Probably because, until five minutes ago, I couldn't fucking see it.

Go right ahead. Make my day.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Roland said:

While you’re at it could you report the thread for contravening rule 3 by not having pictures: 

Rule 3 says should not must , so is clearly guidance not a hard fast rule ,

edited June 2022
    grappagreen said: 

There's no need to lower the tone by swearing - lets have some decorum please.

Despite the lack of photos you were more than happy to provide completely unsubstantiated and incorrect comments however. Comments that would not have been substantiated by the photo in any case..

I'll leave it there as life is a little too short to waste on such nonsense.

Si
  • MrTMrT Frets: 21
    edited June 2022
    Looks like this model to me:

https://www.basscentre.com/bass-collection-power-bass/bass-collection-power-bass-solar-flare-live.html

Edit: Actually before someone points out this is the p-bass variation here's a link to the jazz:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bass-Collection-Jive-Live-Solar/dp/B00OLULMRU
    edited June 2022
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    grappagreen said: 

Dude does this really seem ok ? I mean you have made a load of assumptions and then become verbally unpleasant, not reeeeallly cool is it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom