My Old MXR DC Is Dying..... DC Deluxe, Keeley Comp Plus, Suhr Koji.....

six of one, half a dozen of the other?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• johnhejohnhe Frets: 191
    I have an Ego, an Ego mini and an Xotic SP. The SP is my favourite compressor so far. I used to be a big fan of my old CS2, but I prefer the Ego or the SP.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Analogman Bi-comprossor.
    Best of both worlds.
  • fatherchewielewiefatherchewielewie Frets: 46
    edited June 2022
    Sassafras said:
    Analogman Bi-comprossor.
    Best of both worlds.

A great unit no doubt but too big and too spendy; it needs to be MXR sized or smaller.

edit: just noticed smaller ones.... looking at them now.
    johnhe said:
    I have an Ego, an Ego mini and an Xotic SP. The SP is my favourite compressor so far. I used to be a big fan of my old CS2, but I prefer the Ego or the SP.

How much squish does the SP and the Ego have? I like effect-type compression.
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4793
    <snip>
    How much squish does the SP and the Ego have? I like effect-type compression.
    I've got an Ego. It can squish nicely if you want it to, depending on where you set the Blend control. If you're only looking for compression as an effect, the Yellow Comp is good for that with a very small footprint. A bit noisy underneath your signal, though. Never used an SP, so can't compare them, sorry. 
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1960
    edited June 2022
    Another Ego user here, it works really well with single coil guitars.
    My favourite is the BYOC 5 Knob compressor which whilst based on the well copied "Ross Circuit" (as is the Ego), has a certain tonal flavour that appealed to me. I've still got it, only replaced it with the Ego because I had too many home built "grey boxes" on the board.
  • Been well into the rabbit hole and all those pedals sound really good but that Koji is the one I think I'll roll the dice on. The Barber Tone Press sounded as good to me as the Koji but the Koji has more squish