Slide rig vs Cali76

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3491
    edited September 2017
    Was in the way you worded your reply, so as to say that the SR would be overkill for your needs as it has too much gain. We were simply stating that you didn't need tonuse it, but it's there should you ever find a use for it. Whatever floats your boat, mate.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pumkinpumkin Frets: 139
    I am considering one of these two at the moment ....does the SR offer longer sustain than the Cali?
  • Confusingly, the big box SlideRig has both comps on at once at all times. The two sets of controls don't control one comp or the other. They are for setting two presets

• @StuartMac290 is spot on, you don't need to use the second stage if you don't want to. A number of us have said this now, they're exactly the same. SR has a second stage to use or not to use. The Cali has tweakier controls. 
    And that is the point. Why own a slide rig if you don't like/want/need the 2nd stage. Either go for the simple cali or the features of the CD.  Slide rig for me offered a sound I just didnt use vs cd having features that I do.

You just need to buy the pedal that suits.
  • Yes maybe that's true, but I was addressing the false notion that the Slide Rig CD was unsuitable for acoustic guitar because it was somehow too severe for such use, when it actually sounds exactly the same as the Compact Deluxe and has the same blend function. 

I use mine for acoustic guitar all the time live and I set it to be very subtle. It even tames a spiky ukulele effortlessly. If I need to use the extra stage for slide, I simply turn one pot up. 

I'm all for encouraging folk to buy gear that suits their needs but at least let's make the information on here accurate!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pedalopedalo Frets: 178
    Has anyone tried the Cali76 stacked for slide? I was thinking of buying the slide rig compact but then noticed that the stacked 76 might give me the best of both worlds - would be primarily using a compressor for slide but would also like to be able to use it for country type stuff occasionally. 
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2341
    I have a big box Cali76 (home studio use) and I had a SlideRig Compact. The latter was brilliant for some things but with both parts engaged it was pretty brutal, in the sense that it completely overrode any change in volume or picking strength. I replaced it with a Cali76 Compact which works better for me when playing live.
  • The stacked model is the most versatile in my opinion.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks yes it certainly seems that way now that I’ve watched a few more vids. It’s a good job I didn’t order the slide rig earlier  =)
  • yeah don't discount the stacked version. It's incredibly versatile. I love mine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Is there a general recommended setting for using the stacked 76 for slide? Mine arrived today and tbh it sounds great on any setting for slide and I’m really enjoying the clean overdrive in general. But is there an optimal slide setting or anything?