Recommend me a stratty humbucker.

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30926
edited September 2014 in Made in the UK
I have posted my Blade for sale....but just been playing it and realising that I may not sell it after all.

I may tweak the bridge bucker- so for medium hot characterful strat tones, what would be the suggestions?

Prefer to buy off one of the UK builders who support the forum.

Don't forget the Blade has a 25dB midboost too.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Hat about the Humbucker sized P90 ?
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17625
    tFB Trader
    It has to be an Oil City Dog+

It completely transformed my US Standard HSS. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72376
    edited September 2014
    Oil City Brassknuckle.

If you split it to the bridge-side coil it sounds very Stratty, if the neck-side coil it's more Tele-like. (Even though both coils are the same.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I can't recommend a pickup, but I can recommend a winder who may be able to help.

@theguitarweasel at oil city pickups. The man is a mine of pickup information and has not only delivered top quality pickups to me, but has explained the differences between them - and the reasons why (with science, not pseudo science marketing).

I now respond to pretty much every pickup question with this answer - I won't need to buy a Duncan again. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72376
    I can't recommend a pickup, but I can recommend a winder who may be able to help.

@theguitarweasel at oil city pickups. The man is a mine of pickup information and has not only delivered top quality pickups to me, but has explained the differences between them - and the reasons why (with science, not pseudo science marketing).

I now respond to pretty much every pickup question with this answer - I won't need to buy a Duncan again. 
    Exactly - and I like most Duncans, too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Dang I was hoping you were going to discount that Blade...:-)