Burns Guitars on Andertons Vid

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2354
    tFB Trader
    About six years ago, I was approached by Bow Finishing could I make a couple of Burns bodies for them. It turns out that who ever owned Burns at the time was bringing the guitars over from the Far East. They needed a left-handed one and a green  body, that were not in the current batch that had come over from the Far East. It was a pain in the arse to make them, lots of different jigs, to be honest with you, I wish I never agreed to do it.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeflonTeflon Frets: 229
    edited July 2023
    GSPBASSES said:
    About six years ago, I was approached by Bow Finishing could I make a couple of Burns bodies for them. It turns out that who ever owned Burns at the time ............

That would be Barry Gibson. He revived the company in the 90's , bringing Jim Burns on board as a consultant, and remained in charge 'till he sold the company in 2020.  They produced some beautiful instruments - I currently have 5 and am desparately trying to resist he purchase of another I've seen, but can't really justify.

Cliff
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4975
    There was a Burns Scorpion at the Brizzle Guitar Show in April - it was a bit of a beast.
    I have the Burns I wanted; I've only ever seen two of them: one in Carlsbro Sound in the 70s/80s and the one I bought last year.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10911
    25% off the Burns range at the moment

https://www.andertons.co.uk/brands/burns-guitars

Gassing over the SSJ short scale. I think one of the 12 strings would be more useful though. Also it is easier to remove 6 strings from a 12 string than it is to add 6 more to a 6
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10911
    Ordered the short scale 12 string