Youtube prankster shot

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23507
    There’s one in the UK that keeps running into peoples homes in London scaring mothers and children.
    He thinks it’s funny.
    When someone hits him with a cricket bat or gives him a good kicking He won’t be laughing then.
    Theres tomany of these idiots about now.

I'm not aware of this person, but if you can pop his name on here I'll have him as my next choice on our 'Dead Pool'
    Not sure if it's the same guy, but someone who was in the news for similar behaviour - his name is Bacari-Bronze O'Garro.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The actual video, for those who haven't seen it:

• This, along that Johnny Somali kid in Japan getting arrested for "trespassing" after harassing locals for months made my week.
    I saw that too, a total bellend and deserves everything he gets. 

Over in Manchester there’s a Scottish bloke who winds the spice-heads up something rotten and then kicks off when they react.  I dislike ‘pranks’ and cringe when those families that continually film their hijinks with hilarious consequences for views.  

The video of the shooting is terrifyingly stupid, the shooter does it as if it’s a reasonable and proportionate reaction.  
    Here's the prankster and his mom reacting to the verdict.  Fast forward to 1:30 for the mom, or 1:57 for the prankster.

• StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    There’s one in the UK that keeps running into peoples homes in London scaring mothers and children.
    He thinks it’s funny.
    When someone hits him with a cricket bat or gives him a good kicking He won’t be laughing then.
    Theres tomany of these idiots about now.

I'm not aware of this person, but if you can pop his name on here I'll have him as my next choice on our 'Dead Pool'
    Not sure if it's the same guy, but someone who was in the news for similar behaviour - his name is Bacari-Bronze O'Garro.
    Thanks!! I'll pop him on the list. A few quid to charidee coming soon there err mate!!
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12483
    Nobody was right and I can’t see how you could be on either of their sides here. The shooter should go to prison and the prankster risks his safety messing with the wrong person when he decides to try and humiliate and freak out strangers.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • This, along that Johnny Somali kid in Japan getting arrested for "trespassing" after harassing locals for months made my week.
    I saw that too, a total bellend and deserves everything he gets. 

Over in Manchester there’s a Scottish bloke who winds the spice-heads up something rotten and then kicks off when they react.  I dislike ‘pranks’ and cringe when those families that continually film their hijinks with hilarious consequences for views.  

The video of the shooting is terrifyingly stupid, the shooter does it as if it’s a reasonable and proportionate reaction.  
    True...but this is "Amuuricuh" we're talking about. 
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3073
    That’s who I was hoping had been shot.  
  • I like this Runkle fellow who analyses with a bit of a legal view. I agree with his conclusions and that it would have been better to have pepper spray rather than a gun.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MChnLPOJI_4

I’ll add that we don’t know what the accused has been through in the past and a character reference would be useful. I hope we can agree that delivery work exposes you to a lot of weird & difficult situations, some of which may be quite scary and could affect the way you view situations. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11686
    edited October 2023 tFB Trader

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• His mums fit though 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31816
    I'd say that "prank" carried out by two young men hassling a much smaller stranger must have felt pretty scary. I'm getting older, have had various health issues and currently am blind in one eye awaiting yet another operation and as someone who's 6'3" and always been capable of looking after myself have started to get an inkling of what it's like to feel vulnerable around strangers sometimes. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the demeanor of the prankster while stood next to his mother is his general behaviour that that may have had a bearing on the outcome too. 

He's a big guy and a cocky cunt in country full of armed people. I'm not advocating his death, but he shouldn't be remotely surprised.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7819
    Can't say this is surprising. Pranking strangers in a country where enough of the population is scared, paranoid and armed is eventually not going to end well.

Bit shitty all round, but overall, in the context of the USA, I think my sympathies lie with the shooter.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • steersteer Frets: 1217

I’ll add that we don’t know what the accused has been through in the past and a character reference would be useful. I hope we can agree that delivery work exposes you to a lot of weird & difficult situations, some of which may be quite scary and could affect the way you view situations. 
    If the gunman is such a damaged flower that he is liable to snap and shoot someone at point blank range after 30 seconds of nonsense, then they should not be allowed to have a gun and frankly should not be allowed near sharp objects either.
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5611
    steer said:

If the gunman is such a damaged flower that he is liable to snap and shoot someone at point blank range after 30 seconds of nonsense, then they should not be allowed to have a gun and frankly should not be allowed near sharp objects either.
    Are we talking some vaguely sane place now? Or the USA?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24755
    What the fuck is wrong with Americans (and indeed anyone in this thread saying the guy got what was due to him?)

Guns as the first response? A good punch in the guts would have done it.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12483
    What the fuck is wrong with Americans (and indeed anyone in this thread saying the guy got what was due to him?)

For all we know the shooter has been beaten up by people before and carries a gun around with a mantra it is not happening to me again.  The shooter also has to consider the two menacing looking dudes harassing him for no reason may well have guns. I agree he wasn't justified to shoot but most people on here are not saying he got what he was due, just that behaving like that in a country with such easy access to guns opens you to that risk.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • The shooter shouldn't have shot the guy. But he was, what, 5'9? The "prankster" is 6'5. And not a lean man, he's pretty big. I'd feel very intimidated if he, and a crony, appeared out of nowhere and started pushing a device in my face.

The fact that guns are so prevalent in the US is a major problem, and the fact that - unlike here and many other countries - the default position is that you can own a gun, rather than anyone who wants one needs to apply for a license, is also a major problem. You have to wonder if the shooter has some issues with mental stability, given how quickly he pulled and shot.

But equally, is that what happened? There's no requirement in the US to have any training in order to own a gun, and in Texas, there's not even a requirement to have a permit to carry a concealed hand gun. So it's entirely possible that Colie pulled the gun, intending to threaten Cook, and fired accidentally. A light trigger, and a wielder who doesn't know to keep their finger outside the trigger guard until they intend to fire, could easily end with an accidental discharge.

That said, the general thinking is that if you're going to pull a gun on someone, you need to be prepared to use it. Otherwise they'll just take your gun from you and shoot you with it. So Colie might have just committed, and pulled and shot really fast.

I don't think Colie was justified, but equally anyone that harasses people - particularly strangers in a public place - should be subject to legal penalties. I don't find prankster-style comedy funny - occasionally, if it's something along the lines of celebrities doing hidden camera shows, it can be OK (the Dave Lee Travis Gotcha Oscar made me laugh when I was a kid, although mostly for the bit at the end after the reveal) but generally I find it to be repulsive and mean. It's easy-target comedy that relies on people being made uncomfortable (at the least - often scared) and the people that perpetrate it don't deserve the money or fame they get from it.

In this case, I think NBA rules should apply - one foul doesn't cancel out another. Colie should have been convicted of attempted manslaughter (clearly not premeditated, and definitely extenuating circumstances) and Cook should have been charged with, and convicted of, harassment and intimidation (insert appropriate legal terms as necessary). Colie shouldn't be allowed to own guns, or at the very least shouldn't be able to carry a loaded weapon on his person outside of a registered shooting club. Cook shouldn't be allowed to film strangers in public.

But until America realises that the right to bear arms was appropriate at the time of the second amendment, but not any more, and that the right was conferred by an amendment and therefore isn't as unalienable as many pro-gun people claim, this sort of thing will keep on happening.

Just for full disclosure, I own several shotguns. I don't believe that guns have no place in modern society (I use mine for clay pigeon shooting, for example), however I also believe that access should be difficult and there are people who should not be allowed near them.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • What the fuck is wrong with Americans (and indeed anyone in this thread saying the guy got what was due to him?)

I'm 5'11, and if I tried punching Tanner Cook in the guts, he would almost certainly laugh at me. Colie is probably 2 or 3 inches shorter than me, at least.

I'm not saying that shooting was the right thing to do, but there are many of us for whom punching things isn't really an option, especially when the prospective target is a large man.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom