15678911»

Comments

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 2966
    tFB Trader
    Cheers Dave!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I haven't posted anything here for a while so will start to put up a motley collection of odds & ends.

This Firebird wearing Ash's new noiseless P90s. What a lucky strike for me, these things really are all P90 and none of the noise. I love these things. And the covers they came with suit their new home, with the aluminium parts & plates-

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 19 tFB Trader
    A rescue of a 70s Arbiter Junior, this had been a bare carcass for many a year/decades. Brought back to life keeping it's age and the stripped/varnish finish look - that was AWOL in areas including the neck & head. Tints and shellac evened it out without the whole resto running up too wild a cost.

Some parts were missing but the pickguard was there, though Dulux painted, tuners present but mostly dodgy, plus an old fugly replacement bridge. A new one was bought, our guy wanted some intonation.
    Rescued the bent and sloppy tuners - owner: "how are you going to fix those?". Me: "I'm going to hit them quite hard with a hammer when you're not looking"

Before pic, except the board's been revived and the green corroded frets brought back:

After:

It's got a Fletcher dogear that came from the classifieds here, this thing now sounds great and plays much better than it has a right to. 
    1reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I seem to have made a small wooden penguin and he seems pleased to see you -

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    It's a binding thicknesser, a quickie thing made from scrap and a spare plane iron. It works well and was surprising how accurate it is -

The top bolt doesn't do much, it's just lightly nipped up. The strap at the bottom is needed against the iron flexing or chattering. Adjust the iron with light hammer taps, down and side to side. Thin & taper one end of the binding, pull through and slightly downwards. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 21 tFB Trader
    Randomness

Si's Hamer, refretted

Sun tan:

HJ Williams. Not a fan of quilt particularly but this thing's nice and spangly

Pretty CS Tele with dubious fretwork. For the price of them, really...

Nick's Squier Jazz V, rewired to MV/blend/MT and a new bridge and setup. This is all good this one - the neck profile feels very nice, the maple colour's nicely non-Donald dayglo. Looks cool in black. A good bass

I've no need for another spokeshave but fancied one of these Prestons just purely for the Victorian fanciness, this one was cheap. I'll rescue it as & when time allows (so not anytime soon). But not terrible shape for over 100yrs old

"It won't hold tune very well" :)
    Either a bad casting or PO being over-keen. One other was fractured but holding

Aria RS600. Interesting setup with the middle pickup being a dummy coil only there for hum-killing. A hideous phase option on  there but it felt good to play and most sounds were good -

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom