Comments

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    Gorgeous!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12099
    So. Are you going to sell it?!
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3945
    Blimey. Bill that’s a very cool looking thing. You’re an incredible builder!
  • NightswanNightswan Frets: 1430
    Superb work!!
  • tele69tele69 Frets: 198
    thats a bloody beauty!
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2969
    tFB Trader
    Thanks all! Ta very much.

@Offset not this one, it's too chopped about really so I'll best hang on to it. Love to make similar/different, Firebird-ish shaped things are my favourite.

Which reminds me, got some more cedrela in the pile and the lovely pickups from the white version.. hmm.. 

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4337
    I love reverse FB’s. 

That’s a lovely looking thing you’ve made. 

Great work. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12970
    10/10

Absolutely superb. 
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3294
    Corvus said:
    it's too chopped about really so I'll best hang on to it. 

By the look of this thread there are a fair few of us that would happily over look any chopping about.  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ExorcistExorcist Frets: 604
    OOOF That is a very nice thing indeed!
    edited March 27 tFB Trader
    An update - after a couple of attempts with other humless P90s, I saw Ash @OilCityPickups ;had a clearout thread with a pair of his in there, Eliminator P90s. Timely as I'd just pulled out the prev set of pickups.
    They landed & got installed yesterday, and they are really good. I mean not 'OK for noiseless' good, just good. The bottom end is properly clear, the top end is there, not excessive not dull, just right. Basically they're great P90s, clean or dirty. 

The chromey covers go OK with the ally plates & hardware I think. Might change to nickel some point but doubt it, time always seems short to mess with my own stuff. Anyway, I'm well chuffed with these, cheers Ash.. 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10833
    edited March 27 tFB Trader
    Aww thanks - you are only the third person in the world with Eliminators :-) 
    I'm really proud of them - proper P90 tone with no hum ... job done. Guitar looks excellent too! 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3348
    F*ck me that’s lovely. 
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3294
    grungebob said:
    F*ck me that’s lovely. 
    It sure is a beauty. I suspect I’m not the only member hoping Bill changes his mind about letting it out into the wild at some point!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3348
    grungebob said:
    F*ck me that’s lovely. 
    It sure is a beauty. I suspect I’m not the only member hoping Bill changes his mind about letting it out into the wild at some point!
    Have a wiz for that one. 
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 747
    Corvus said:
    An update - after a couple of attempts with other humless P90s, I saw Ash @OilCityPickups ;had a clearout thread with a pair of his in there, Eliminator P90s. Timely as I'd just pulled out the prev set of pickups.
    They landed & got installed yesterday, and they are really good. I mean not 'OK for noiseless' good, just good. The bottom end is properly clear, the top end is there, not excessive not dull, just right. Basically they're great P90s, clean or dirty. 

The chromey covers go OK with the ally plates & hardware I think. Might change to nickel some point but doubt it, time always seems short to mess with my own stuff. Anyway, I'm well chuffed with these, cheers Ash.. 

That's darn cool!

I had an old bike I sprayed that colour as a kid. 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5819
    grungebob said:
    grungebob said:
    F*ck me that’s lovely. 
    Have a wiz for that one. 
    Even the wiz deserves its own wiz!
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8043
    Wow!  Want that!
    tFB Trader
    Thanks all! Most things are basically for sale if someone wants 'em, but in this case better a fresh one built. It's had a completely new neck and a great ol' chunk routed out the top & replaced to convert from HB's to P90s. 

Another thing with these Eliminators, no problem balancing them, no big height variance. Sound great, super chuffed with them. Great job Ash, these deserve to do really well.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8043
    Ash makes awesome P90’s!

I have a set on the way for my little Steinberger.  Really lovely chap too!