Trent Offset Vibrato

What's Hot
spev11spev11 Frets: 340
I'm hovering over the buy button, wait time is about 2-3 weeks which is fine by me. Has anyone got experience with one? It looks the job, my only concern is the screw in arm. Part of my trem dislike is because of previous (admittedly lower end) ones with screw in arms and the inherent play in them.
I understand the self tightening nature of this one and I'm confident that it works perfectly but no harm in asking is there?

And yes I could buy a Mastery or a Descendent but I'd rather buy this one as it looks fab, should work fab ( I'm sure Elliott wouldn't bother with something that didnt)

I'd love a Trent guitar but currently out of my price range so i'll aspire to that while starting bit by bit :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spev11spev11 Frets: 340
    Ah balls to it I've ordered one, i'll post a little review when it arrives
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28689
    That's the spirit!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3271
    Interested to hear about these too. Will be keeping an eye out for your review. 
    Elliott said the waiting time was around 2 weeks so it could be a while  =)
    It's arrived

Will be fitting it over the weekend, post hospital visit recovery permitting.
    It's beautifully made, the arm is a snug fit, my only criticism (and its not really) is the plastic knob on the arm is black but I can change that easily enough
    If anyone wants more photos (underside, side on, close-ups) let me know and I shall endeavor to take some
    IMG_4134.jpg 259.2K
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

It's on, fitted perfectly, everything lined up as it should, the arm is lovely and smooth and I can get a full tone up and down, and it does a lovely flutter, no knocking, squeeking or untoward noises (unlike the Squier original) stays in tune well apart from the G, although I think a roller bridge might improve that. Next plan is to change the arm knob :)
    IMG_4147.JPG 232.7K
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2605
    I took the arm knob off on one of JM builds. Well it fell off and I liked how it looked.