What's Hot
strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3315
are what these have been dubbed..

https://youtube.com/@theHindleyStreetCountryClub?si=82hNEQCOgiHXbdFX

Be a great night out imo  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12449
    Some great stuff there… Baker Street is superb. They do seem to have a massive line up though… several  singers, at least two guitarists, sax and flute players. 
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 258
    …is an oxymoron?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3315
    boogieman said:
    Some great stuff there… Baker Street is superb. They do seem to have a massive line up though… several  singers, at least two guitarists, sax and flute players. 
    That’s cos in a live environment they are playing what the songs more sound like on album. Yes on some occasions it’s for eg 2 good guitarists playing what 1 great guitarist achieved, but mainly it’s the studio overdub being played at the same time as the main recording. 

That’s how I see it anyway.. 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9917
    I think I'd find them more fun if a similar kind of band did songs post 1990 :)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27336
    Clearly v good and I recognise some of the faces from the Sing It Live channel which is a little more "vibey" for want of a better word. 

But just a little too stiff and - dare I say it - polished(?) for my liking. I do like to get a band sounding really tight and good but they're so slick it almost feels false to me
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72751
    Led Zeppelin?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3339
    Hindley Street are great as are Leonid & Friends, too, but maybe more a tribute to Chicago and Earth Wind and Fire and occasionally others.

I like what Martin Miller does, too.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24687
    Oasis?
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3682
    They're very polished, but the guy playing the Strat on this one has got the biggest set of moobs that I've seen in a long while.  Kind of makes him the focal point.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23256
    I like The Band Geeks.  They're good enough that Jon Anderson is using them as his touring band playing Yes music.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3315
    Philly_Q said:
    I like The Band Geeks.  They're good enough that Jon Anderson is using them as his touring band playing Yes music.

Cheers fella, never heard of them just watched the Wilson Philips one, like it..

can anyone remember RocKwiz? The Aussie music quiz show.. That band always seemed good albeit they had known musicians playing with them.

https://youtu.be/7Yg6xDAekPI?si=YiuXMqv2eLmyT0Yx
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3334
    Philly_Q said:

Well, that looks like a piece of piss ;)

(Queensryche song was great too!)
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5003
    The band are good, technically very good, but - music is more than a collection of notes played in the right order.  The band play each song very close to how it was recorded.  The original recordings are music, the facsimile copy of this band is not.  They need to add something of themselves to each song, something that pressing the play button on your CD player does not give.  Today in our local town I heard a busker play guitar and sing.  He was nowhere near as accomplished as any of the band members but his output was music.  You could listen to it and enjoy it.  I did and I did.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 258
    As above, what technically impressive function bands like these lack is that lovely Spanish word: Duende.
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 746
    ICBM said:
    Led Zeppelin?
    I watched something the other night that had a band in it that was obviously a spoof of LZ. Band was called "Lifted Riffs". 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6770
    edited May 10
    As above, what technically impressive function bands like these lack is that lovely Spanish word: Duende.
    Facsimile your part in and we'll do the rest. Sorry, but it's as dull as ditch water. Totally uncreative and as said above by @Rocker, totally devoid of music. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24687
    merlin said:
    Facsimile your part in and we'll do the rest. Sorry, but it's as dull as ditch water. Totally uncreative and as said above, totally devoid of music. 
    What was that quote from Jascha Heifetz?

"Practice like it means everything in the world to you. Perform like you don't give a damn."

They clearly only read the first half.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23256
    edited May 10
    Philly_Q said:
    Cheers fella, never heard of them just watched the Wilson Philips one, like it..
    Philly_Q said:
    Well, that looks like a piece of piss

(Queensryche song was great too!)
    Richie Castellano (the bald-headed lead guitarist in the first clip and bass player in the Yes show) also does keyboards, guitar, vocals, production and engineering, videos etc (you name it he does it) for the current incarnation of Blue Öyster Cult.  He's a talented chap.
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1162

Be a great night out imo  
    It takes all sorts. I'd rather listen to a Tory Party conference than that lot, and I f*ckin hate the Tories.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6770

Be a great night out imo  
    It takes all sorts. I'd rather listen to a Tory Party conference than that lot, and I f*ckin hate the Tories.
    Wins the thread.