Not enough metal

What's Hot

Comments

• bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1906
    Heavy metal: The amount of bare Uranium-235 needed to sustain a chain reaction is a 17cm sphere, which weighs an impressive 52kg (or 8 stone 2 lb in old man speak).
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7349
    Dunno what you guys are talking about, this forum is plenty metal, for example:

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4625
    Fretwired said:
    Jetfire said:

This forum isnt metal enough. Fact.

(this is just a statement of opinion)

More wood of the dead variety .. we're all old sad bluesmen round here ...
    Please don't believe that, old? probably. sad? sometimes. bluesmen? never.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    dat phallic imagery:

• Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3115
    This thread has a disturbing lack of James Trussart guitars.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751

This thread is now metal as fuck.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2430
    Bucket;686894" said:

This thread is now metal as fuck.
    And therefore should be deleted and never spoke of again.
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    edited June 2015
    Goddamnit connor you Dimebag fanboy. Buy a confederate flag Dean ML with razor inlays and get over ittttt xD
     @jetfire I own a Dean Soltero SL, BC Rich Mockingbird Pro X, Ibanez RG7421pb and Agile Septor 830. Metal as fuck :D 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    Hertz32 said:
    Goddamnit connor you Dimebag fanboy. Buy a confederate flag Dean ML with razor inlays and get over ittttt xD
    Go and listen to some After the Burial you hipster djentfag ;)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23533
    Having spent many years on the Bare Knuckle forum, where there was much discussion of metal (and, more recently, djent), I was quite surprised to find how relatively non-metal this place is in comparison.

Doesn't really bother me, though.  30 years ago I was a Heavy Metal fan, now apparently I've become a Classic Rock fan (or worse, a Dad Rock fan) .... but I'm still listening to the same music.  I concede defeat.   :-S

I have to admit, most modern metal doesn't really do anything for me.  There are quite a few new(ish) bands I like, but they all make records which sound like it's still 1973.

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31869
    I'm from a generation which loves the sound of heavy-riffing guitars and drums, but doesn't really know where to look when the Cookie Monster starts singing.

I turned my back on metal for a while and when I came back it had turned into a children's comedy act.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3690
    Not a  metal fan  personally but one of the intriguing features of this forum is that people of all musical persuasions can interract over a love of the guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12999
    Neil;687668" said:
    Not a  metal fan  personally but one of the intriguing features of this forum is that people of all musical persuasions can interract over a love of the guitar.
    This. By and large the musical taste of this forum is pretty rotten in my opinion but it doesn't matter too much to the general vibe of the place.
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Bucket;687590" said:
    Hertz32 said:

Go and listen to some After the Burial you hipster djentfag ;)
    Sad days, The ATB guitarist had a psycotic breakdown a few days ago. Dunno if he'll ever perform again. Search for Justin Lowe @Bucket
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    ...although there is a writer from metal hammer on the forum...there's a maker of Black machine...there's current and previous makers of Matamps (most doom of all amps)...there's a famous guitarist from a band called Tacoma something something...and there's me...

i think its plenty metal!
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    Philly_Q said:
    I have to admit, most modern metal doesn't really do anything for me.  There are quite a few new(ish) bands I like, but they all make records which sound like it's still 1973.

This. 

I have to admit to having no idea what 'djent' is. Is it some kind of middle eastern spirit? 

Even the modern metal bands that people rave about i think are pretty terrible. Its a generational thing isnt it? Im not 40 until saturday(gulp)but i have been passed by.  
    Hertz32 said:
    Sad days, The ATB guitarist had a psycotic breakdown a few days ago. Dunno if he'll ever perform again. Search for Justin Lowe @Bucket
    Oh yeah I heard about that. Shitty news :(
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    p90fool said:
    I'm from a generation which loves the sound of heavy-riffing guitars and drums, but doesn't really know where to look when the Cookie Monster starts singing.

I turned my back on metal for a while and when I came back it had turned into a children's comedy act.
    I just snorted on my cornflakes. 
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Samgb said:
    Philly_Q said:

This. 

I have to admit to having no idea what 'djent' is. Is it some kind of middle eastern spirit? 

Even the modern metal bands that people rave about i think are pretty terrible. Its a generational thing isnt it? Im not 40 until saturday(gulp)but i have been passed by.  
    i find the doom metal side of things is where metal has progressed in the best way...to my taste anyway. I lost interest in metal for a while, then i found the doom side, and have really got back into it...

other modern metal doesnt really interest me at all...and i'm about the same age as you...

also...take the T of Djent and yeah...thats what iranians call ghosts...